The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock Hood/Bonnet

Loomie

Hi all,

New to the forum and am expecting my Supra next week; it currently has what i believe is a Varis/Ridox bonnet from looking around which i find a little to aggressive for my taste which i'd be very open to a swap for a standard Supra bonnet preferably in RSP Blue (saves me a respray) but happy with any colour.

I'm looking to add some vents anyway so if anyone has any hoods which are vented but not as aggressive please shout; or if anyone has a stock and would be interested in a trade or sale drop me a line!

Pic of the current bonnet attached!

Cheers,

Looms.

I've just realised that in my original post i've said its a Varis/Ridox style hood but i'm not entirely sure anymore as I've found a Seibon hood that looks exactly the same too.

Please use the pics as a reference; i'm not entirely sure of the name of the stlye.

Thanks,

Looms

• 4 weeks later...

If your looking to add vents and re spray I have one that's just been sat outside for ages so paintworks gone abit dodgy, pretty sure that structurally it's still sound though, it's out my parents place so if interested il have a look at it and get some pics on the weekend when I'm out there

• 1 month later...

Here we go again!!! So after finally finding a way of transporting a bonnet, i'm once again in the market!

If anyone has a totally stock supra bonnet let me know - it needs to be in and around London as i'll be bringing her home on a trailer.

Let me know what you've got.

Loomie.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Loomie I'm guessing you sold the Varis one?

Sorry for the late reply bud - completely missed this! No i havent sold it yet - i had someone interested but in order for me to sell mine i'd need to source a replacement. You interested?

I'm still on the look out for a stock hood so if anyone has one please give me a shout!

Additionally, now im no expert, but while cleaning under the hood, i noticed a little badge saying that the Hood was CFRP. After a little bit of rummaging i noticed what looked like carbon fibre weave - i'm guessing this means its a CF bonnet??

If it is i may need to revise the listing. Here's a pic of the badge and the weave i'm referring to. Maybe someone can confirm/deny?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207973[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207974[/ATTACH]

You can see the weave i'm referring to behind the Fibre glass frame and the top pic shows the badge.

Any help?

Looms

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.