The mkiv Supra Owners Club

About time - finally made the leap!

Loomie

Hi all,

I've been on the forum for almost 6 years, based in Essex during which I've been very close to buying a Supra a few times; the last time, i opted to buy an e60 M5 instead which while was stupidly fast, proved to be the wrong choice after the engine blew and was never the same again. Fell in love with the Supra in 2002 on a trip to visit my uncle who owned a Black NA and previously the JZ70 Supra; it also was the first car I ever drove.

Long story short, I finally bit the bullet and have put a deposit down with JM Imports and will be taking receipt of a '98 Twin Turbo VVTi 6 speed in RSP Blue next week (fingers crossed)! She has BPU; Ridox front, side skirts, spats and a Varis bonnet (i think); a TRD spoiler and Advant wheels and is pretty much immaculate on the outside. Inside, was a bit more of a headscratcher as the previous owner decided to fit a purple Bride seat and a bright blue bucket seat (really?!) but luckily the rest of the interior was pretty clean bar some gauges which annoyingly were screwed into the left side of the desk on the curve and a small jumble of wires - nothing a bit of TLC can't fix.

I'm chomping at the bit to get stuck in and my plans so far include...

- Changing the seats; got some stock supra cloths lined up thanks to JM but hopefully will move to something a little nicer like some Recaro speeds

- Moving the dashes to the A pillar in a triple gauge pod; these seem to be quite hard to find

- Cleaning up/removing the mess of wires and random gadgets in the car; i'm not sure what a few are at the moment.

- Adding a Trial rear bumper

- Carbon wrapping the TRD blade

- New Alloys; a concave deep dish preferably

- Upgrading the sound system

- Some general bits to spruce up the interior, chrome rings, gear gaiter, handbrake gaiter, new gear knob, handbrake handle etc

- New dials from Moman

- Changing interior lights to an Ice white including the AC/Heating controls.

- Swapping out the Varis hood with something a little more subtle; probably stock with some vents, maybe GTR style

- Swapping out the front indicators and the rear lights with some of Hecklers LED ones

I'm planning on keeping the colour scheme black/dark and blue and open to any suggestions or ideas!

I've been reading through loads of info on the forum and have some great idea's for what i want to do with her ultimately culminating in a single turbo probably towards the end of next year. Until then i'll just be adding a few bits here and there to get here to where i want her aesthetically.

Anyway, I've attached a pic of her right now and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in!

4.jpg

Thanks,

Looms

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I'm not against hiding them away but i'd still need the glove to keep bits in so i cant fill it with gauges. I may have another think about what i can do to better hide them.

For now a triple gauge pillar seems the easiest option to get it all tidy; anyone know where i might be able to get one?

Thanks! I'm itching to get started, got new gaiters, gear knob, handbrake handle, head unit, cf 9g wrap for the blade and and on the hunt for wheels. I wanted something deep dish with a concave; so far I'm liking the rohanna rc10 but I don't think they're available in an 18 and I'm not sure if the 19 would fit as it is.

Any ideas anyone?

Edited by Loomie (see edit history)

Thanks Kitch79, I did see that one - I would have had it if it was a plug and play but with the work required to fix I'd probably prefer to fabricate one myself.

I'm surprised the plug and play ones are so rare - they're not so hard to find in thr states for a LHD strangely.

• 4 weeks later...

So... the day finally came! On Thursday, after the scariest flight of my life on a plane with a propeller to Newcastle (yes, they still fly planes with propellers) I landed in import heaven at JM Imports to collect my Supra!

Enough talking... PICTURES!!

12119039_729059100531983_7036892693234712597_n.jpg

11201811_729059183865308_8008522228503444193_n.jpg

12079297_729059300531963_4807137611437584182_n.jpg

12105920_729059413865285_4056269977165652173_n.jpg

12118691_729059693865257_752786925073737927_n.jpg

12074926_729059847198575_25384446120913289_n.jpg

12115973_729059973865229_6937778147818141445_n.jpg

12118821_729060067198553_3343991033312120674_n.jpg

...And finally... as I walked out of the house on my way to the station to go to work I just had to take another pic of her at home.

20151009_085926.jpg

Forgot to add... I also just picked up a pair of Recaro's from a Renault Megane R26 in mint condition to swap out the mismatched seats that are in the car currently. Hopefully these wont be a PITA to fit!

20151009_232616.jpg

20151009_232556.jpg

Any tips on getting these in, please let me know!!

Forgot to add... I also just picked up a pair of Recaro's from a Renault Megane R26 in mint condition to swap out the mismatched seats that are in the car currently. Hopefully these wont be a PITA to fit!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205577[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205576[/ATTACH]

Any tips on getting these in, please let me know!!

They'll fit easy. Just not with those rails.

Hopefully the bride seat is on a bride or recaro rail, likewise with the blue one. If they are, simple take out, take off, bolt to new seats, chuck back in [emoji106]🏼[emoji2]

Luckily both seats were fitted to bride rails so from the sounds of it, should be a simple one!

Any idea what i could get for the bride and bucket? (pics below)

AssnNsW6zmSgmRzLHzd3GdFtpSSytEBiskwoIgayXBnO.jpg20150829_161139.jpg

They'll fit easy. Just not with those rails.

Hopefully the bride seat is on a bride or recaro rail, likewise with the blue one. If they are, simple take out, take off, bolt to new seats, chuck back in [emoji106][emoji2]

I have these seats in my Supra. :)

To start with, I don't think-tank drivers side rail you have will work, as they are side fixing rails. The passenger side probably will.

I used brand new Bride rails to fit mine, and I had to take an angle grinder to the rear crossbar to clear the bottom seat moulding. You will also need washers to space the fixings to match the welded bracket for the seatbelt. You will see what I mean when you're doing it. :)

Theres pics in my build thread showing where I had to cut the rails.

Doh!! Nothing can ever be easy can it! Thanks for pointing that out Jay.

Out of interest, you mention that the drivers side is side fixed (i did notice that too); how do you bolt the rail to the floor if its currently side fixed? Are there spare holes on the floor also?

I just trawled your build thread and i have to say the seats look amazing in the supra! I saw the crossbar you had to grind out which isn't a problem but i couldn't see how you mounted the new rails to the floor

I have these seats in my Supra. :)

To start with, I don't think-tank drivers side rail you have will work, as they are side fixing rails. The passenger side probably will.

I used brand new Bride rails to fit mine, and I had to take an angle grinder to the rear crossbar to clear the bottom seat moulding. You will also need washers to space the fixings to match the welded bracket for the seatbelt. You will see what I mean when you're doing it. :)

Theres pics in my build thread showing where I had to cut the rails.

Side mount means the rails have brackets to fit the sides of the seats, which is usually what you get with fixed back bucket seats like the drivers seat in your car. Reclining seats use bottom mounting rails like the passenger seat will be. :)

They will fix to the floor in the same way, utilising the four fixing points, and possibly also the transmission tunnel depending on the design of the rails. :)

Oh, and yes, they look amazing. You will be very happy with how they look. :cool: