The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra number 10

Scooter

Well it's about time I posted up the new acquisition, my first ever properly modified Supra :)

I'd like to thank Martin J in the first instance as I contacted him re his old for sale thread and he let me see and ultimately buy the car in an unrushed fashion and also kindly sorted out some minor bits prior to the sale, essentially allowed me to avoid the pressure of being up against every man and his dog in pursuit of a nice Supra (that's at anything close to a reasonable price anyway) as seems to be the way these days.

The old timers may remember this as SupraAyf's old car, and this had no small bearing on me buying it, combined with Martin's situation whereby it was largely a bit of a garage queen! I need to work it out exactly but I think it's definitely a sub 50K mile car much as you can be sure, more than a decade of forum provenance is a good start and only two long term owners in that time, so this and the general condition (underneath included) I'm satisfied it's a sound purchase regardless :)

I've never been a fan of kits or mods really so for me this is a bit out there but in a nice way!? About time I had a slightly tuned one and it makes all sorts of noises I'm not used too :D, although the exhaust is understated and suits me just fine. BPU gives the giggle factor and some leather front seats and the lexus wheels have tweaked things a little from when Martin had it (Gold Advan's might get a gunmetal refurb as the tyres are near new and they are a nice 9" and 10" staggered set).

I've had it a couple of months now and all is in order, got some bilstein front shocks to go on, the facelift engine mounts to replace at some point and a bit of an engine bay tidy but all nice bits to be getting on with and keep me tinkering.

Love it tbh, thanks again Martin I'm looking after it :)

Red interior.jpg

Red Supra3.jpg

Red Supra.jpg

red supra gold side.jpg

red supra gold rear.jpg

Got to agree, I never thought I would see you in a modified Supra... though to be honest changing the front and rear bumpers for stock is fairly easily done.

Looks fantastic and congratulations on the 10th Supra, just can not keep away can you :D

cheers guys, I kick myself at some of the ones I let go but then again all of them have been fun and I've learnt a lot along the way and also some of the ex's are with new thankful owners across Europe so my loss is their gain and you can't keep them all!:)

I'm getting slightly better at keeping them longer, but sometimes I just can't resist and trust myself more and more to make good/ok decisions, car wise at least! although that's probably jinxed things.

Got to agree, I never thought I would see you in a modified Supra... though to be honest changing the front and rear bumpers for stock is fairly easily done.

Looks fantastic and congratulations on the 10th Supra, just can not keep away can you :D

Cheers Abz, your white one has to be one of the few I didn't buy! Long long term I thought the same about the bumpers and that in some respects the body work can be secondary to all the underpinnings in that all but the very very best Supra's are heading inevitably towards a state of either putting up with the blemishes or planning for that full respray down the line. I do genuinely like it as is though, was never anti mod's per se but the insurance and fear of breaking them was entrenched in me and when I first had a Supra I was on the breadline compared to now.

Cheers Abz, your white one has to be one of the few I didn't buy! Long long term I thought the same about the bumpers and that in some respects the body work can be secondary to all the underpinnings in that all but the very very best Supra's are heading inevitably towards a state of either putting up with the blemishes or planning for that full respray down the line. I do genuinely like it as is though, was never anti mod's per se but the insurance and fear of breaking them was entrenched in me and when I first had a Supra I was on the breadline compared to now.

An now she is gone :(

Thank you for the advise when I bought her originally, I really appreciated it mate.

Understand where you are coming from but... take a look at this :D

:D all right all right I've only just got it! and for the time being it's staying as is. I do have the stock rear spoiler and so options there, might pick up a stock front and rear bumper over the year(s) just in case. FMIC might have to go etc so not at all a straight forward or cheap option, my inner accountant knows i'll never see any of that money back so I'll need to know deep down that its a long term keeper if I'm to splash the cash on it to that extent.

Who's know might even get totally power hungry and get a single one day!

Congrats on the new purchase Scott.

I'll have to pop over with mine at some point to have nose around at it.

Sounds like an excuse for a hindhead tunnel run, would be good to get a ride in your single, how is yours at the moment have you been buying even more brand new bits for her!?

Sounds like an excuse for a hindhead tunnel run, would be good to get a ride in your single, how is yours at the moment have you been buying even more brand new bits for her!?

She is a fair weather queen to be honest. I've not used her much as we're looking to move at the moment and time has been taken up with decorating, viewing etc.

Hindhead tunnel run sounds like a plan. You're more than welcome for a ride in my car. It's quite an experience over BPU.

I may have bought a few more things too;)

All parts a stored away ready for the shell rebuild. I think I have another big order building. Looking to replace all subframe bushes as part of the strip down. If they are still available!

Edited by mwilkinson (see edit history)

She is a fair weather queen to be honest. I've not used her much as we're looking to move at the moment and time has been taken up with decorating, viewing etc.

Hindhead tunnel run sounds like a plan. You're more than welcome for a ride in my car. It's quite an experience over BPU.

I may have bought a few more things too;)

All parts a stored away ready for the shell rebuild. I think I have another big order building. Looking to replace all subframe bushes as part of the strip down. If they are still available!

You are definitely thorough in your refurbs, best of luck with the move and parts accumulation!