The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Recommended tyres

binfieldx

They are 19s, 10.5J

Using a 275 or 285 width tyre on a 19" rim means you don't have much choice other than to go with a 30 profile, a 35 profile

would be 46 mm bigger in diameter than stock.

I had Conti sports and Bridgestone RE05's on my 19's and found them both to be pretty good

What he said. BUT cheak the date code. it tells you about it on the webb sight.

Thats a good point, make sure you get tyres that are manufactured this year, they have some really cheap and discontinued tyres on there but they could be new but a few years old, the year of manufacture is usally stated if they are older ones, as you probably know tyres do age in storage.

Whats wrong with having ones a few years old? I thought they have a 6year shelf life or something?

Probably not a lot, however given they are the only thing between you and the road and you want them to last as long as possible.........I persoannly wouldnt opt for old tyres, however I dont genuinely know what the effects of storage/age are, guess it depends how they are stored. If I was spending money on a brand new set of rubber I would want brand new, I'm sure someone else may be able to share some more knowledge on the subject though mate :)

On the NA I use to use Falken 452, did use them on the single on a last minute trackday which was interesting but fun, for anything more than an NA I would stick with Eagle F1s or R888.

Michelin PS2 are also very good.

I dont rate the Pirelli P Zero Rosso, they made the car feel very floaty and was more snappy and prone to tram-lining.

On the NA I use to use Falken 452, did use them on the single on a last minute trackday which was interesting but fun, for anything more than an NA I would stick with Eagle F1s or R888.

Michelin PS2 are also very good.

I dont rate the Pirelli P Zero Rosso, they made the car feel very floaty and was more snappy and prone to tram-lining.

would you not say r888's were overkill for every day use for a car on stock twins, even mid brand vredstiens pick up reasonably well?

in regards to old tyres say on tyre leader eg ones marked with 2012? if you are going through a set of rear tyres in 8-10 weeks do you think it really matters if they are 3 years old as they'll soon be coming back off again?

would you not say r888's were overkill for every day use for a car on stock twins, even mid brand vredstiens pick up reasonably well?

in regards to old tyres say on tyre leader eg ones marked with 2012? if you are going through a set of rear tyres in 8-10 weeks do you think it really matters if they are 3 years old as they'll soon be coming back off again?

You get through a pair of rears in 2 months ? :blink: