The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Calling Under 25s N/A Owners (insurance)

GlennMR2

hi

ive been after a supra for almost a year now as some of you may remember from my previous posts :tongue: . the model i want is a n/a aerotop, my problem last year was that my curent insurer (tesco) woudnt insure me on a supra so other then cancling my policy and loosing loads of dosh i was buggered.

now my insurance is up for renewel on my mr2 on the 19th of feb so was looking at getting my dream supra, ive already tried tesco and they so no because of my age

2y ncb

clean licence

so i need the help of you young drivers who can tell me what insurance companys to call, ive done a email quote (not online) with admiral and it does say toyota supra sz import which they emailed me back a quote for £785 fc but by using the search function i fount that a lot of you have done this and say its for a mk3 not mk4

so please help me, i dont want to wait untill iim 25 b4 i get a supra :)

also can u let me know what sort of mpg you are getting im curentley getting about 19/20 mpg in my mr2 all town driving

thanks

Can't help much with the insurance as I've just hit 25 and know that last year I was very lucky with Tesco as a month later they changed their policy on under 25s.

As you say Admiral are what a lot of under 25s are using but I personally wouldn't use them wondering if I'd got a MKIII quote not a MKIV. As an example price Tesco charged me £980 last year and then I declared the wheels and exhaust and it shot up to a whopping £1400. That was at 24, with 6 yrs NCB.

If the other NA owners can't help with insurance then maybe you should consider a UK MKIV, its much more powerful than the NA and although it doesn't come in aerotop form its much cheaper to insure and more companies let drivers under 25 insure them.

MPG on my NA is around 18-20, but I'm not trying for good consumption figures and spend most of my time trying to use petrol in the quickest way possible. :D

i went with flux for the first year and i was 22 (3 months off 23) with 4 years ncb and it was £1500 full comp (no accidents / points)

i have now tried quotes for this year at 23 (almost 24) 5 years ncb and the quotes are still around £1450. Ive tried admiral 4 tmes cos people on here got policies with them but they keep saying same old shite if the model isnt on the system then we cant quote :(

I did ring one company though back last year after i had taken my policy wit flux and they quoted me £1100 but i cant remember the company - i got a feeling it was osbourne and sons or keith michaels i just havet had time to ring them again

good luck

i havent tried any of the club insurance out yet, i was hoping that the club insurance would have been all sorted by now so i could just go with them.

as for the uk supra if they did an aerotop then i would defently get one but aerotop is a must have for me :tongue: , i made the same mistake with my mr2 and went for a hardtop instead of t-bar and ive regretted it ever since

im tempted just to go with admiral for £785 and take my chances :upside:

im paying £2100 but my sister is policy holder (25, 4 years ncb etc).... i only passed my driving test in feb 2004, got a civic, and then a few months later got a supra TT :D ..... im paying through the nose, but heck.... shes a real babe (the car, not the sister lol )

EDIT: Oh and thats with elephant

Mate, try Universal (club insurance thread) for a quote. See what they say :thumbs: Proving good so far.

just tryed universal and they said £2100 fc because its a import, somehow i dont think im surposed to have a supra :(

maybe i should just go with the admiral quote and hope i dont need a claim

:mad: