The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problems fitting TRD wing

binfieldx

Not sure if i'm doing something wrong here or I have a mismatched wing or the bolt holes on my boot are wrong or what.

Got my TRD wing delivered today but for the love of god cannot get it to fit? It sits way too far away from the holes on one side once you've bolted in the other side?

Yeah thats why i wondered if i had been sent the wing for an mr2 or celica (if theyre evem different) :(

Do you want some measurements? I have a TRD on mine and can get some for you.

Do both the legs fit without the blade fitted? If so try bolting them in, then slide the blade between them, should clearly show if there has been a balls up

I can get you some measurements tomorrow after work no problem.

How much was it too long by?

Here is a shot of where my TRD sits. I would say the leg on the right of the shot in picture one looks about right.

attachment.php?attachmentid=181075&stc=1&d=1392995256

I have some shot of mine without the OEM spoiler with the holes on show, give me 2 mins to flick though my build thread

Mine sits like ripped too but when I got my supra it had a veilside rear wing and had holes up by the window so I covered the boot with masking tape then had to measure both sides so the same marked around the legs then measured the bolting points

Then you have a good idea of what your working with for new/old bolt holes and if you can cover old holes with tape and make waterproof

Hope you get it sorted:)

Easiest way is to look from beneath the boot lid and see if the old holes were welded up. Will give you a solid idea of where they should be. Unless it was a rare no spoiler boot lid from the factory.

Off the top of my head the hole next to the boot strut should let you see where the original hole was, if you look into it and towards the outside edge of the boot lid.