The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Info on Precision 6266 DBB

JackyBoi

Okay, so I know Precision turbos are talked about a lot on here and other forums, but I can't quite find exactly what I'm looking for. Basically I'm looking for what the 6266 can max out to if it were to be installed onto a fully built engine and head, aftermarket fuel system, Syvecs, etc (on pump gas - shell V-power) and what RPM it would achieve full boost on. I'm specifically talking about the 6266 DBB with a T4 twin scroll manifold and either single or twin wastegates.

I know JamieP's white goose was running almost 800 on ethanol and spool'd up by 2800rpm in 6th, but his engine wasn't built so could a 6266 be pushed further than this? For higher numbers (e.g 800, 900, 1000bhp) would you simply need a larger turbocharger? Also what are the risks of running a turbocharger right on it's maximum rated BHP? Thanks guys!

Depends what boost JamieP was running, and what the turbo is capable of flowing I guess.

He was running 1.7 bar. I assume having a built engine would mean you could run more boost, meaning you can make more power? Or is that wrong, and the turbo would restrict the amount of boost which can be made as it's a 62mm?

If you want more power than 700 on V-Power (1.65bar on Lewis A's car (Jamie's old one)) then I'd go for the 6466 or 6766. Depends on your goals though.

I believe the 6266 is pretty much maxed out by the 700 mark?

As I'm not built engine, it'll be the 6266 Gen 2 I'll be going for as well :thumbs:

If you want more power than 700 on V-Power (1.65bar on Lewis A's car (Jamie's old one)) then I'd go for the 6466 or 6766. Depends on your goals though.

I believe the 6266 is pretty much maxed out by the 700 mark?

As I'm not built engine, it'll be the 6266 Gen 2 I'll be going for as well :thumbs:

Seems a 6466 may be a better choice then. I'm just planning ahead as a built engine is definitely on the cards for next year. Will a 6466 still spool very fast, even if it is around 3600rpm or so?

I've heard the 6466 is basically the same spool time as 6266 Jack, or at least very similar, read this on SUpraforums a while back.

Okay thank you for clearing that up :) so therefore one can only assume a 6766 will take a bit longer to spool than a 6466, but will provide more overall power. I think a 6466 may be ideal then if the spool time is that of a 6266 :)

800bhp is the limit i believe for the 6266DBB, not bad for a little 62mm turbo :)

A 6466DBB strapped to a fully built engine would be a great setup.

Yeah not bad at all! Although with a built engine - depending on power goals - it could limit power a bit too much for me. Thinking a 6466 dbb with T4 twin scroll manifold and a 60mm wastegate will do me nicely :)

The 6266 gen 2 is rated to 800hp and with ethanol will be reached but maxed out.

Okay, so I know Precision turbos are talked about a lot on here and other forums, but I can't quite find exactly what I'm looking for. Basically I'm looking for what the 6266 can max out to if it were to be installed onto a fully built engine and head, aftermarket fuel system, Syvecs, etc (on pump gas - shell V-power) and what RPM it would achieve full boost on. I'm specifically talking about the 6266 DBB with a T4 twin scroll manifold and either single or twin wastegates.

I know JamieP's white goose was running almost 800 on ethanol and spool'd up by 2800rpm in 6th, but his engine wasn't built so could a 6266 be pushed further than this? For higher numbers (e.g 800, 900, 1000bhp) would you simply need a larger turbocharger? Also what are the risks of running a turbocharger right on it's maximum rated BHP? Thanks guys!