The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oh No, not another "what's it worth" thread.....

trebor69

The time has come for me to part with my project and move to something that is easier to live with ....(for now that is), I just can't continue to spend to get her where I want to so here she is,

Started out as a 199 N/A Auto and last year I removed the N/A engine and dropped in a 1JZ along with the 1JZ auto box followed by replacement 2nd hand turbo's, oil and filter changed 3 times since the 1JZ was fitted also replaced the gearbox filter at the time of exchange and used Dexron ll (as stated on dipstick)also used new Dexron ll for power steering flush and fill and new Toyota red coolant. New rocker gaskets, BKR7E plugs (colder than standard) and new coil pack clips, K&N air filter, full 3" decat with 3" Kakimoto catback, restrictor ring, Blitz dual SBC R boost controller and Walbro 225 fuel pump. This is how she stands now, other work that has been carried out in my ownership is.....Tailgate struts, front calipers and discs changed, rear discs, Bilstein shocks with Tein springs, boot rubbers, front and rear droplinks, front ARB bushes, rear upper wishbone bushes replaced with Super pro ones, S2000 ariel, Leather front seats with "Supra" logo (very good condition), black Leatherette headlining, Oz steering wheel, new front and rear speakers with amp and sub in boot, New DAB single din Sony headunit, Zunsport front grille set and 4 52mm gauge holders with a couple of gauges in (NOT the best gauges money can buy). I have replaced the rear gearbox seal and the car is solid, there are a couple of things that let her down and these are... the original paintwork (plenty of stone chips and blemishes) the tailgate (carbon wrapped that has been patched with more sticky carbon to hide marks and scrapes) along with the usual rust patch that is "progressing slowly" at the bottom of the rear window and the wheels are badly corroded needing a refurb but the tyres have plenty of meat on them.

I have a folder full of receipts and the import documents (imported 2006), the mileage on the car is 151k km and 116k km on the engine, she runs beautifully and has never let me down, MOT is due in January and I have a 2nd cat to go with the car (just in case you don't have a friendly MOT station).

I will update with pictures as soon as I can ( my computer struggles with this).

What are your thoughts on a sensible asking price?

DSC_0352 (1).jpg

Well, we both said it was difficult! :D I was kind of thinking that as tidy na autos are going for £3k plus now, and prefacelift TT autos for £6k--7k, it was in that sort of area.

I was probably looking along the lines of it's worth £4.5K but I am a cheeky bastard.