The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec TT Auto

Tomyspeedy

So after reaching an age where insurance is affordable I'm finally on the hunt for my dream car!

I'm looking for as close to standard UK spec TT. Not so worried about any high miles so long as there is some sort of service history to go with it.

In terms of a budget, I don't have a specific one, If i'm offered a UK TT 6 speed for a reasonable price I will be likely to stretch.

Now the interesting part... I'm not going to be getting it on the road until November. I have until then to look around and find the best car I can.

Cars with minor work will definitely be considered too.

Im very much interested in anyone that might be unsure if they want to sell or just haven't got round to making an advert.

So feel free to PM or reply here.

The hunt is on!

have been thinking about selling mine but still very undecided. here is a quick run down, feel free to pm me for pics and more details should you be interested.

red - resprayed

full cream interior

93k on the clock

running full bpu

syvecs s6 ecu + all sensors etc

fmic

hks fuel rail

stock body apart from side skirts - on the hunt for stock ones so this could change

serviced at srd. heading that way soon for one.

unsure on the price atm as havent really thought about it.

in any case drop me a pm should you be interested and can go from their. Harry

There's potentially a very special UK TT auto about to go on the market for £15k. It was on Toyotas stand next to the FT1 at Goodwood this year, and looks totally immaculate. :)

Thanks for the response, That sure is one hell of a car! especially with being on the stand at Goodwood. It's still alot of money, I'm unsure if id want to keep my first supra totally stock.

With this in mind, i'd rather get a TT auto and have money for a manual conversion if I was that way inclined... Either way it's great food for thought and i'm intrigued.

I have no doubt it's worth that to an owner that would prefer to dry store the car but i'm hoping for an all year car to compliment my bike.

Pm'd you Harry thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The biggest problem for myself when it comes to imports is the cost of insurance. It's very close to being double.

I hope to get a car that I wont sell for a good number of years if ever, something a little rarer just appeals to me alot more.

Are imports that much cheaper?

Guest TheRedViper
The biggest problem for myself when it comes to imports is the cost of insurance. It's very close to being double.

I hope to get a car that I wont sell for a good number of years if ever, something a little rarer just appeals to me alot more.

Are imports that much cheaper?

I'm in the same boat, insurance on a UK car is approx £750, compared to import's £1600. That difference you'll pay extra for the UK car, so already saving if go for the import. Plus the import will be in a much better condition. In my eyes, it's a no brainier, after a couple years your insurance will level out, and you'll have a much better car.

All this about about a import being in better condition really dosent happen in reality. Their are many imports that I wouldn't go near. Many have also been messed about with in Japan and with the law over their you don't have to declare if it's been involved in a crash. If you want a supra the best thing to do these days is to go and view the car and check for yourself. Or get fresh import from Mr jm imports. Weather it's a UK or import their are some very clean examples and ones you wouldn't want to go near. Having owned 10 of these over 11 years can say my current UK spec is spotless compared to some imports I've owned.

Guest markolambo
All this about about a import being in better condition really dosent happen in reality. Their are many imports that I wouldn't go near. Many have also been messed about with in Japan and with the law over their you don't have to declare if it's been involved in a crash. If you want a supra the best thing to do these days is to go and view the car and check for yourself. Or get fresh import from Mr jm imports. Weather it's a UK or import their are some very clean examples and ones you wouldn't want to go near. Having owned 10 of these over 11 years can say my current UK spec is spotless compared to some imports I've owned.

This ....Totally agree condition history everything ....and you need to go and see them ....my cars are much better than any of the imports i have ever seen including those at shows and i know all of the historys...full main dealer histories and binders of receipts for all work done....

Go buy and import and take a chance on a car you didnt actually see in advance or buy a car you see in advance and follow the buyers guide on here...its tell you what you need to check..good luck...ps..my insurance is £216 a year

Yes it does, just ask the chap who bought mine recently. An he has had a look at quite a few.

Its very subjective, TBH. A lot of imports (with flakey history in Japan) have been here long enough to rot away now as well. Further more, in my experience, my UK had all the imports I had gone to see looking like dogs. Maybe I just got lucky...

Another owner of a nice clean UK spec here. What happened to them all being rust buckets?...

Same here, and I would want £15,000 for mine, not that its for sale. They are only going up in value, especially after every winter when more and more get written off. I reckon there's got to be less than 300 left, if that!

Another owner of a nice clean UK spec here. What happened to them all being rust buckets?...

They are not obviously, take 10 fresh imports and 10 uk cars though and the likelihood is the uk's will on average be rustier. But we all get defensive about our cars/choices and of course there are some import basket cases.

Dunk had his UK cross member rusted through, and recently a Norwegian got stung by a really rusty UK car. IMO you should not get defensive about UK cars being rusty you should rejoice knowing that your UK's are not and that therefore will be far more valuable down the line. Overall we are lucky with the Supra as very very few have been lost through rust so in the main it's all petty import uk infighting over basically nothing!!

They are not obviously, take 10 fresh imports and 10 uk cars though and the likelihood is the uk's will on average be rustier. But we all get defensive about our cars/choices and of course there are some import basket cases.

Dunk had his UK cross member rusted through, and recently a Norwegian got stung by a really rusty UK car. IMO you should not get defensive about UK cars being rusty you should rejoice knowing that your UK's are not and that therefore will be far more valuable down the line. Overall we are lucky with the Supra as very very few have been lost through rust so in the main it's all petty import uk infighting over basically nothing!!

I disagree. Personally I'd avoid an import like a plague. Since owning a Supra for the past 10 years it still makes me laugh seeing imports come in with the magical 40,000 miles. After seeing up close A LOT of import Supras over the years, I have only ever seen a very small handful that condition matches the mileage. Most have had accident repair which the owner is oblivious too, and more imports than you realise have been imported by well known importers, repaired and smartened up here, before being passed onto the new owner. How the hell do you think they make money lol

I disagree. Personally I'd avoid an import like a plague. Since owning a Supra for the past 10 years it still makes me laugh seeing imports come in with the magical 40,000 miles. After seeing up close A LOT of import Supras over the years, I have only ever seen a very small handful that condition matches the mileage. Most have had accident repair which the owner is oblivious too, and more imports than you realise have been imported by well known importers, repaired and smartened up here, before being passed onto the new owner. How the hell do you think they make money lol

We are talking about rust though weren't we? I thought I was defending the members UK's to an extent with my comments, sorry if I touched a nerve I really wasn't trying to be controversial! It's all about individual condition regardless of spec, ie finding that non clocked non accident damaged non smartened up unicorn import or clean fsh non rusty UK car :)

I would hardly call it petty, nobody is squabbling here. I just drew attention to the fact that they (uk specs) are not all in a poor state; and I felt the need to express that due to them being misrepresented quite often is all.

If you're buying a car go and look at it. Pretty simple :)

We are talking about rust though weren't we? I thought I was defending the members UK's to an extent with my comments, sorry if I touched a nerve I really wasn't trying to be controversial! It's all about individual condition regardless of spec, ie finding that non clocked non accident damaged non smartened up unicorn import or clean fsh non rusty UK car :)

No nerve touched mate :) Just making people aware of what's out there, good and bad :)

My cross member wasn't that bad to be honest, a lot of the rust was surface corrosion and

could easily have been fixed but i decided to replace it.

The the rest of the car was in great condition as it hadn't been out in any winters for over 13 yrs

during my ownership

I personally don't assume anything about a car whether its an import or not, same goes for

the paperwork etc etc

dunks car 024.jpg

dunks car 017.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.