The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's it worth?

Big Supes

Hi peeps,

It's time to update the valuation on my insurance policy. Well, that's half of it... I'm also toying (emphasise on "toying") with selling. I have a figure in mind, but wanted to get an idea of what others thought.

Spec is as follows:

BPU UK Spec Auto

100k miles/FSH

HKS FCD

Chris Wilson SMIC

Greddy Profec Boost Controller

3" Whifbitz Single Box Stainless System

2.5" Whifbitz Decats

Tein Lowering Springs

Facelift rear lights

Kenwood 7 inch Wide VGA Multimedia System with USB/CD/DVD Receiver and Built-In Bluetooth

Focal PC165 Coaxial Car Audio Speakers 6.5" (17 cm) 2-Way 120W

SRD Speaker Brackets

I bought the car three years ago in complete stock form, even down to the head unit and CD changer. Since then, it's been modified to BPU and maintained to the highest standard with no expense spared.

I can't really fault the car. It runs like a dream, the underside is clean and the body/interior is in excellent condition for it's age. It always stays in my garage and only comes out during the summer months.

Edited by Big Supes (see edit history)

Such a lovely car. :cool:

I think the provenance the car now has after sharing a stand at Goodwood with the FT1 is a major bonus to the value. IF you really went to town on the advert, put up lots of fantastic pictures, and used loads of really big words, I think you could get away with a starting price of £15k, with a view to getting at least £13k.

I would be very cautious of receiving low ball offers from certain unscrupulous dealers who can not be named, who would then immediately stick £10k on the price.

If you're serious about selling, I would be more than happy to help you compose the advert :)

I thought those were pictures from it's release or something, sublime condition!

Easy £12-13k I think

Thanks cered.

What do people put on a equally clean J spec? ie what uk premium are people adding in their heads.....just curious it's certainly a lovely car.

I wouldn't be able to say, but the rarer the UK's become (in tidy condition), the bigger the percentage you could expect to add.

I would say that normally this would be an £11k car, given the mileage and condition. The fact that Toyota chose this car to sit along a future Supra concept car at an international show adds huge provenance, and therefore value.

An equivalent condition facelift J-spec TT auto would probably be worth between £8k and £10k.

Guest TheRedViper
Sell it as it is.....wreck another car to.go single plus you will never get your money back on singles dont see the point....

Most people don't buy a supra with the intention of trying to one day make money from it.

I say this is your car and stick with it, go single in this if that's what you want to do.

14 to 15k ....collectors ...investors want good condition stock uk cars not imports.or modded cars....keep it for another 3 years then sell it the market will only get better

Yep collectors wouldn't want a 2002 Supra, they are worthless to them! :D

Personally I would sell and buy the lovey single Lee has up for sale now.

Yep collectors wouldn't want a 2002 Supra, they are worthless to them! :D

Personally I would sell and buy the lovey single Lee has up for sale now.

Ohh, do you have a linky? :)

:( If it is to buy a single mate I would seriously think about putting a single on yours it's mint and better the devil you know sometimes. I have seen so many people buy singles then realise the setup is old hat or laggy and end up changing pretty much everything anyway.

This is true and there's no two ways about it... a car that has already been converted to single turbo more than likely hasn't seen many easy miles.

Sell it as it is.....wreck another car to go single plus you will never get your money back on singles dont see the point....

I certainly wouldn't get my money back on this car. If anything, I could depreciate it in the long run.

That's certainly not too shabby :cool:

:D Cheers mate.

Condition in the pics looks exemplary

Certainly push for 15K however I would have said realistically you are looking at 12-13K.

Had it been a manual then most definitely 15K all day long.

If it was one of the last 5 remaining manual/silver/UK's in the country, it would be up for 15k regardless of it's condition (within reason) and FT-1 feature. :)

Cheers Abz. That does look lovely, although the piston slap and not being driven for the last 3 years is concerning.

Ah, I skim read it so missed that! My bad, still a ground to give the internals a fresh build. That way you know you'll have a healthy heart.