The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Its been great....

AJI

After 14 years of Supra ownership my car went to its new owner today.

I've been with the MkIV Supra club since the early days and have enjoyed my time here, seen it evolve in to a great online community. Well done Branners and all involved.

I've always lived in a remote area of the UK which made making it to many of the meet ups a bit impracticable, but I did put the effort in on a few years and did JAE a few times, also TOTB and even organised a few meets in my area (Lake District) which saw some good turn outs and got to meet a few of you. (Also an event to the Nurburgring - which then got me addicted on the place). :)

I still think the Supra is one of the great all time cars and even in today's mix of sports/GT cars it looks modern and can hold its own in any environment. But alas its time to move on.

I hope even though I am now Supra-less that my membership can continue on the forum as I would still like to contribute if/where I can.

I have an amount of Supra knowledge and also have an amount of motorsport knowledge from my days of racing and motorsport instructor. So I will look out for interesting threads/discussions. :)

Cheers.

Having owned one for so long, you must have seen pretty much every aspect to owning one of these cars. :) I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that your continued input will be highly valued. :)

I just wonder how long it will be until you want another one? :D

After 14 years of Supra ownership my car went to its new owner today.

I've been with the MkIV Supra club since the early days and have enjoyed my time here, seen it evolve in to a great online community. Well done Branners and all involved.

I've always lived in a remote area of the UK which made making it to many of the meet ups a bit impracticable, but I did put the effort in on a few years and did JAE a few times, also TOTB and even organised a few meets in my area (Lake District) which saw some good turn outs and got to meet a few of you. (Also an event to the Nurburgring - which then got me addicted on the place). :)

I still think the Supra is one of the great all time cars and even in today's mix of sports/GT cars it looks modern and can hold its own in any environment. But alas its time to move on.

I hope even though I am now Supra-less that my membership can continue on the forum as I would still like to contribute if/where I can.

I have an amount of Supra knowledge and also have an amount of motorsport knowledge from my days of racing and motorsport instructor. So I will look out for interesting threads/discussions. :)

Cheers.

I hope I can keep mine that long !! And don't be a stranger it's the members that make this such a great community :)

Let us know what you think of anything 'fruity' you drive in the future, unless you are having to take the painful route to a more mundane car owning existence then you have my sympathies :)

I've tried that before. Not only is it soul destroying, but often ends up costing more. I give him a week before he wants another one :D

Thanks for the comments :)

Not sure what I'll get next, I'm in two minds. One direction is to get a 'cheapish' track car for track days and another direction is to save up and get another sports/GT car.

So for track days maybe a 111S Elise or an E46 M3. But if I save up a bit more then I could be looking at a Porsche 997 Gen 2 Turbo.

But then I also have to decide if I want to go up on the property ladder or keep my interest in cars. Decisions decisions.

Cheers Pete, still in two minds what to get next, depends on how fast I can save. I will just have my daily hack for winter time at least until my garage takes up a new resident ;)

If its a cheapish track car then I'll look for one in summer time 2016, ready to do track days. But if I decide GT car again then I'll need a bit more time to save for a 977 turbo gen2.

(As the gen1 997's use the 3.6 engine that is prone to 'bore scoring'. The 3.8 Gen2 engine is said to be a much better unit - maybe the manual gearbox, but I'll be interested to see how good the PDK box is).

Thought about a GTR but just can't get over the sheer size and looks of those things. No arguing about the performance figures but for me a 'special' car is definitely more than just about figures. ;)

Harley - Yes it was the same Supra all the way through :)

I was also just a young sprite when I got mine.

Sad day AJI but you have certainly been dedicated to the cause. I had two Supes over a 9 year period and loved it. We lived the Supra dream for a relatively small amount of cash.

However, my driving needs changed as I wasn't just happy having something flash and powerful. I too looked at doing track days and the emphasis or driving fun is now top of the agenda. I have looked at all kinds of cars, E46 M3 (not special enough for me but I have the S54 engine in my Z4M and the noise is sooooooo addictive). Looked at Porsche 997 Turbo as well but a couple of owners have said they are fun but the 4WD system stops any kind of fun and you are up to licence losing speeds in no time at all.

I am looking at the Cayman GT4 as a balance between road and track abilities but they are new and in high demand. I was going to go 997 C2S as that is where the fun is, Gen II are 2009 onwards and will not have the bore scoring and IMS failures the Gen 1 had. I think a standard 911 isn't as good as a Supra in the looks dept though.

Plenty of cars to choose from just depends on what you want them to do.

H.