The mkiv Supra Owners Club

can I make a stock non electric driver seat?

mellonman

Just wondering if you can make a stock electric drivers seat into a non electric drivers seat by using a passenger side frame?

I dont really use my drivers electric seat bit and like things nice , simple, functional and light .

I cant remember what the difference was in the seat bases and how easy it would be to get a passenger side base to fit in the drivers position.

Any knowledge on this would be great ,

I think my stock facelift seats were not electric, perhaps that might be an easier option as it would be a straight forward swap then.

I did hear of a non electric seat, keron was selling one years ago , do you know if all facelift ones are like that ? problem being my seats have been retrimmed and match my interior.

I did hear of a non electric seat, keron was selling one years ago , do you know if all facelift ones are like that ? problem being my seats have been retrimmed and match my interior.

No, I don't think all facelifts were like that but I am sure it was most (the colourful seats).

Ah, then that might be a problem then, in that case I would personally leave it as the hassle would not be worth it, plus thing of resale value.

Some late facelift seats were manual on both sides, and these generally carry a premium over other stock seats (usually £100 a pair when they appear). Most facelift and all pre facelift seats are electric on the drivers side. It would be almost impossible to convert an electric seat to manual, because the mechanisms, gearing etc are not set up for it.

The way I see it, you can either buy a pair of manual seats when some eventually come up, or import a seat from the USA or Europe. Their manual passenger seats should be a straight fit in our drivers side. There is no point trying to convert the bases using runners, as you would still be left with electric tilt/recline.