The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Everything one would need to know to buy, own, maintain and modify a MKIV Supra

Guest TheRedViper

Guest TheRedViper

If you've come here looking for a guide from me, you will be disappointed, however hopefully the replies can provide some help!

Anyway I will be honest, I don't know much about cars, I've never worked on mine. That being said, I want to. I'm in a position now where I'm coming up to being able to purchase my dream car, however I don't want to just jump in clueless.

I've read the pdf on what to check when buying a supra, but that will only take me so far. Is it really enough to come along to these forums every day to ask what needs to be done to my car, when tyres needs changing, when services need doing, when oil needs changing? Is there a owning guide written out in similar fashion to the buying guide? I really want my car to be perfect and kept in the best possible condition, and I want to be able to do things like oil changes myself, however I wouldn't know where to start.

Also just curious if you're still reading by this point, how did you get where you are now, how do you know so much about your car, where did you start and how did you learn?

There are many many how to's on here but they aren't always easy to find. I can often remember the username of the person who posted something useful which helps with the advanced searches.

I would put oil changes up as the most important thing for longevity.

Become familiar with the forum search engine :) Most topics have been discussed at some point. However, your searches will only ever be as good as peoples thread titles, so sometimes it can take a while. Read all the guides on the forum, and I'm sure you probably browse Google for Supra related stuff. There is also a wealth of knowledge on the US forum (supraforums.com), so it is worth signing up there too.

Thankfully, Toyota knew what they were doing when they designed these cars. They are very well built, and are pretty easy to work on for what they are.

Read the topics on the forum for a long time, visit supra tuners and talk to other members. Thats the best advice i can give. Youll learn all you need to know!

This really. The forum is goldmine and most of the questions you've got have already been answered at some point, if it hasn't make a thread and you'll soon get your answer.

Go along to meets, make some friends and you'll start to pick up bits of info from just chatting about supras and the things you want to do. I still don't know much about cars or my supra compared to most, but I know a lot more than I did before owning one. I've done small fixes and mods myself but haven't really got stuck in to the more technical parts through fear of screwing everything up. I'm good with computers, not cars ;)