The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Current average price of a stock-ish UK TT6

Guest TheRedViper

Guest TheRedViper

As per the title, if it's even possible to find one, what kind of price would you be looking at for one of these babies?

I haven't completely ruled out the j-spec however being 21 in 6 weeks, it's at least double the cost to insure one, and I've read that the UK cars have better specs, how true this is I don't know.

Would it be worth paying more for a UK car, if the only reason was because of cheaper insurance?

Also, how quickly are they increasing in price? If I wait say 6 months and save a bit more, will I be looking at paying 1-2k more than the current prices?

if I'm honest 16k for a uk spec that is clean will be hard to come by. Best bet if you got a budget of 16k get one imported or look for a jspec as theirs no real major difference apart from the turbo on a stock uk spec being a tad stronger. But there all getting near the age of 20years+.

Good luck with the hunt :) if you can get your self a ride in some you wont know the difference in a uk and jspec when there both blasting it ;)

Personally, unless it was an ultra clean one I wouldn't have a UK spec. Get yourself a fresh import, then waxoyl and underseal the hell out of it as soon as you get it. Fixing a rusty shell is expensive, and tends to be an ongoing problem.

This.

Plus some of the JSpec's come with a lot of things which were never available on the UK Spec's.

Insurance costs is the smallest of your worries anyway when buying a UK Spec ;)

I wouldnt even look at the UK spec ones! The chance of them being great condition is rare, plus you wont get much newer than 95

My 99 TT6 cost me just under 17k fully imported registered and taxed!

I could never figure the want for uk specs old, likely to be rusty, plus if you want a Toyota you want it to be coming from the mother land!

Well in Ireland the imported Hondas and Toyotas are highly sought after!

I wouldnt even look at the UK spec ones! The chance of them being great condition is rare, plus you wont get much newer than 95

I could never figure the want for uk specs old, likely to be rusty, plus if you want a Toyota you want it to be coming from the mother land!

:amen:

Pretty much all UK Supra's are probably rusted to crap due to our weather and the fact we salt all our roads every winter, and rust = useless. Chances are you'll be able to pick up a better condition TT6 import with less miles for cheaper than you could with a UK TT6.

Where do you think the UK specs were made ?

:amen:

Pretty much all UK Supra's are probably rusted to crap due to our weather and the fact we salt all our roads every winter, and rust = useless. Chances are you'll be able to pick up a better condition TT6 import with less miles for cheaper than you could with a UK TT6.

The only rust on my car was the cross member the rad sits on, it wasn't driven in the winter for the 13 + years that I owned it

or to my knowledge by the previous owner.

Haha i know i know they wher built out ther too

But they wher not built for there

Suppose its probably thanks to the Hondas this way of thinking is, theyr alot better in Japan

In Ireland anyway people love to say ther car is a Jap Import

Its like a big deal

Are you saying an export Supra isn't as well put together ?

I find that somewhat hard to believe after owning two UK cars for over 16 years

Are you saying an export Supra isn't as well put together ?

I find that somewhat hard to believe after owning two UK cars for over 16 years

No no, the Turbos on them wher better put together on the UK

Its just a thing, cant quiet explain it, prefering a Jap import, the main reason for me prefering Jap Supras is facelift and the newer years

Im sure ther are very well kept uk supras though

But they will be scarce

No no, the Turbos on them wher better put together on the UK

Its just a thing, cant quiet explain it, prefering a Jap import, the main reason for me prefering Jap Supras is facelift and the newer years

Im sure ther are very well kept uk supras though

But they will be scarce

Yep they will be very scarce for sure, there were only around 600 UK cars to start with and of those just over 200 were 6 speeds.