The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra prices??

Guest paperboy

Guest paperboy

is it me or have import prices hardened recently only IMHO I reckon it could have something to do with the import rule changes having a positive effect on residuels?? a decent TT never seems to go below 7.5k (apologise for my lazy hungover spelling...) what does everyone reckon?

Supra is getting old now, the first MKiv is nearly 12-13 years old. The value will drop and the cars that have been trashed will be even lower.

Look after your supra and do the mods correctly, I mean at a high standard then your car should worth more than the market price. People pay what they want and not a fix market price unless you want to trade in

China

interesting. I thought they'd dropped loads recently. Can't believe you can get a TT6 for 7.5k
You can't. You'll easily get a high milage J-spec auto for that money though. I'll be selling my 93 RZ Auto soon but I'm not optomistic about how much I'll get for it :(

interesting. I thought they'd dropped loads recently. Can't believe you can get a TT6 for 7.5k

Not one that you will keep driving...!

I cant see the benefits of buying a really 'high' (call it 85/90K+) mileage Jap car for just 1.5 K less than one with corresponding 'low' (call it 60/65K+) mileage

Thats normally 2/3+ years of driving extra for most supra owners - which means your 'depreciation' will be the equivalent when you go to get a newer one in three years etc

IMHO the ones (TT Manual's) you find at that milage and under £9K will be shagged! :banghead:

i think you have to accept that the lower priced cars may be on stock wheels etc and that they won't be mint. However i would argue that they are not necessarily terrible cars.

All dealer cars (i'm not talking direct importers here) will have a mark up and will have come from private persons. If said private person was willing to sell it to a trader for a cheap price because it was hassle free then there is always a chance that a few private people will advertise to the general public at a similar price.

eg

Oct 2002 - UK spec manual

May 2004 - TT Aerotop

(two of the most sought after supra models?)

Both purchased within +/- £1000 of the quoted £7,500.

Both have put on many thousands of miles since purchased and still running fine........

Sheds / problem cars exist at all pricing levels as do good genuine buys, just have to be careful and choose wisely.......

Dealer cars provide comfort to some, but to me they are often just someones old private car that now costs more........

I picked up my Jspec TT (auto) for just under £5400 ..... the dude actually had it in auto trader for £7500, but he needed money asap for his new RX8 as a deposit ... the car was totally stock, and the windows needed attention (the motors went, but i replaced em which cost £80 in total, both sides ;) ) it did have full service history since he had the car (owned it for 4 years) , and nothing showed up on hpi etc.. All in all, a great bargain.... and running well (touch wood) ... btw, 80000 miles on clock when i got her (back in august 2004) and touching 90000 now ( well, i do drive over 300 miles a week :( )

I picked up my Jspec TT (auto) for just under £5400 ..... the dude actually had it in auto trader for £7500, but he needed money asap for his new RX8 as a deposit ... the car was totally stock, and the windows needed attention (the motors went, but i replaced em which cost £80 in total, both sides ;) ) it did have full service history since he had the car (owned it for 4 years) , and nothing showed up on hpi etc.. All in all, a great bargain.... and running well (touch wood) ... btw, 80000 miles on clock when i got her (back in august 2004) and touching 90000 now ( well, i do drive over 300 miles a week :( )

i guess you normally get good bargains from people who are buying new cars from showrooms as the part exchange values are low. the company i work for were buying a new rangerover and they were only getting £3500 trade in for there old 1997 rangerover. so i offered them £4000 and they accepted. and then i sold it on for £7750 a week later. :D

Amazing profit there abs! Talk about the right place at the right time, I need to do that I think.

just hang around car showrooms and talk to the buyers. :innocent: i just bought a Nreg cavalier with full service history and 1 owner from new with 9 months mot for £250. the price that the dealers offered them. :read: