The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top 5 Reasons I love my SUPRA

Guest onegermain

Guest onegermain

Here are the top 5 reasons I love my 1993 mkiv supra:

1. DRIVER. This car is a true drivers car. when you get in for the first time you as if your in a F16 Fighter jet.

2. LOOKS. The looks you get on a day to day basis are crazy. People love this car so much they will stop traffic to take pictures/video.

3. POWER. Nuff said.

4. TIMELESS. To be 22 years old and still turn heads, this cars styling is simply timeless. The design is so far ahead of it time. The dash, AC vents, Whale tail, Ass end, etc.

5. ENVY. It doesn't matter if you have a turbo or NA. At the end of the day its still a SUPRA and everyone knows it. You can pull up to a light and the guy beside you will think twice every time or the smart ones will give you a thumbs up.

IMG_1501.JPG

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

1. DRIVER. This car is a true drivers car. when you get in for the first time you as if your in a F16 Fighter jet.

2. LOOKS. The looks you get on a day to day basis are crazy. People love this car so much they will stop traffic to take pictures/video.

3. POWER. Nuff said.

4. TIMELESS. To be 22 years old and still turn heads, this cars styling is simply timeless. The design is so far ahead of it time. The dash, AC vents, Whale tail, Ass end, etc.

5. ENVY. It doesn't matter if you have a turbo or NA. At the end of the day its still a SUPRA and everyone knows it. You can pull up to a light and the guy beside you will think twice every time or the smart ones will give you a thumbs up.

On the occasions that I have driven following other Supra's, most of them with prettier paintwork too, music from the supercharger makes sure mine is the one that gets noticed.

Which wasn't the purpose, yet certainly is the result.

Folks listen/look out for it growling around town or howling on open road and other drivers request it to be opened up because they love the sound of it.

The Supra is a very special car and I like to think I have a special one. :)

P.S. Welcome to the Club.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

3. POWER. Nuff said.

Agree with everything you have said, but you forgot just one thing - the sound :)

A single turbo 2JZ can provide all the whooshes, pops, bangs and 'doo-doo-doo's' in the world to satisfy any petrol head until their death bed :D

Agree with everything you have said, but you forgot just one thing - the sound :)

A single turbo 2JZ can provide all the whooshes, pops, bangs and 'doo-doo-doo's' in the world to satisfy any petrol head until their death bed :D

If mine made noises like that I'd get a new Engine Tuner. :D

You had me at 'doo-doo-doo's'

Agree with everything mentioned but I would also like to add the exclusivity you get with owning a supra.

They are exceptionally rare, whenever I attend car meets I am always the only supra there. Even at the big events such as Trax there were only 7 supras out of thousands of cars!

I think your more likely to see a Ferrari f430, Lamborghini Gallardo etc than another supra.

In my 9 months of ownership I have seen 2 other supras on the road and one of them was only because James (theturtleshead) is local to me.