The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Supra Twin Turbo Anniversary Edition VALUE

Guest dwells

Guest dwells

Hey guys I just purchased a 1 owner 1997 Black Supra, TT, Automatic, anniversary Edition Very original no mods, original paint, clean interior, Minor cosmetics 137k original miles

Good service history.

What is the Value? I see them going for above Blue book which is why I am confused.

I am planning on keeping it for a while.

You help is appreciated.

Here's what you need.

For the 1997 season, Toyota marked the Supra's 15th Anniversary with a leather trim package for Sport Roof Models (aerotops) plus a rear spoiler and special badging for the cars. A CD player for the NA hardtop was the only option. The press release handed out at the 1997 Detroit Motor Show stated, "Supra celebrates 15 years as Toyot's sport performance flagship as the 1997 model heralds the return of the 6-speed manual transmission Turbo model. For 1997, all Supra models will be offered in a 15th Anniversary package and feature a rear spoiler, premium A?M/FM/ETR cassette, special floormats and limited edition exterior badging - all standard. Aerotops offer additional standard features including leather trimmed seats and a premium 3-in-1 AM/FM/ETR cassette/CD. Turbo models add to the alrfeady extensive list of standard equipment with a Sport Roof and polished aluminium alloy wheels.

The 1997 Supra features a new, stiffer and strengthened body structure and offers improved stability and steering feel. NVH (moise, vibration and harshness) are further reduced with additional insulating material. Minor exterior changes include redesigned head and tail lamps, a revised lower fascia and a new 'Turbo' emblem for Turbo models. High solar energy-absorbing glass replaces the previous year's tinted glass. Polished alloy wheels are introduced while a new centre cap design is utilised on non-polished wheels. Royal Sapphire exterior paint is added for 1997 as well as recoloured fabric seats.

Anniversary model was a US-Spec car only