The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Ends

Nic

I'm bored with the look of my TRD wing and have been considering refitting the stock wing back on. Also thought about removing the wing completely :eek: for a more 'clean' look, but always thought the shape of the back end looks a bit numb without the wing. Found this photo today though of a Do-Luck kitted Supra and noticed that the shape of the edge of the boot around the lights has been modified with a sharper lip, which I think would look good even without the wing. I also really like the shape of the rear bumper. I presume the part is just the lower section that fits over the stock bumper, difficult to tell as the rear has been blended into the body.

Has anyone got this rear bumper fitted or have any better photos of it from different angles? Also how difficult would it be to add the lip above the lights, I presume it is a one off, as it is all blended in to the bodywork?

supra07.jpg

i personally wouldnt really want to change the stock wing myself...

in fact theres practically nothing styling wise i would like to do to my supe - the TRD skirts and rear spats finish it off very nicely :)

The only styling I perhaps would do is to fit a carbon bonnet, but thats more functionality than blingage :)

Just fitted that rear bumper to C Dorans car , there will be a 'project' thread on it shortly , it is really effective and i'll post some pics after its painted tommorrow hopefully , to do the lip you would need someone with good metal work skills if you wanted it done in steel or someone who fabs one off bodykits , to do this they would prob use a foam and get the shape then mould off that , either option is not cheap !!!!!

Dude :nana:

Just fitted that rear bumper to C Dorans car , there will be a 'project' thread on it shortly , it is really effective and i'll post some pics after its painted tommorrow hopefully , to do the lip you would need someone with good metal work skills if you wanted it done in steel or someone who fabs one off bodykits , to do this they would prob use a foam and get the shape then mould off that , either option is not cheap !!!!!

Dude :nana:

Great look forward to seeing the photos.

I guessed the rear would be a bit of work. Dude how difficult is it to blend side skirts/spats into the bodywork? Mine could do with refitting at some point and was thinking about how it would look with them blended in (see pic attached.)

Supra1.jpg

TBH Nic i HATE the blended in look and there is a real possability of cracking further down the line if someone nudges the rear whilst parking etc , its easy enough to do for any compotent bodyshop but not a service i reccomend to anyone IMO turns the car into a jelly mould !!! but there again i DO have dubious taste (bonnet) even though allmost everyone whos seen it in the flesh likes it !!! :banghead:

Pic of Christians rear end !!! and a chav bonnet

Dude :eyebrows:

Women Drivers 026.jpg

Women Drivers 023.jpg

Ballistic Bonnet 011.jpg

Ballistic Bonnet 014.jpg

Cheers for the advice Dude, I definitely don't want cracking, think I'll just get them refitted as they are. How do you finish the edge between the skirts and the body? the shop that did mine used a silver silicon sealer but didn't do a very tidy job of it.

That rear is going to look good when it's all sprayed up.

Is this the look you are going for? :cool:

Dude.jpg

Pretty sure that the "lip" is just the shadow cast by the spoiler.

Looking at the photo again I think you could be right Gordon. It's the way that the shadow extends and curves perfectly around the sides of the lights that makes it look like a lip to me but I think that may be just the shadow of the vertical sides of the wing.

Either way I quite like the visual effect of the lip. It is the standard profile of that edge, that makes the rear look a bit odd to me when wingless IYKWIM.