The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is the best way to clean the Engine Bay without any problem?

Guest KARacing

I have always found you need alot of time and patience to do this.. Thats why its best to get the misses to help :eyebrows:

Not sure if anyone has any other ideas, but you can get de-greaser spray that you spray on, let it eat into the dirt then hose off.

I also find a bit of WD40 gives the engine a good new/shine to it, especially the rubbers etc.

Have not had a real good go at mine yet, so maybe someone else has learned a better way..

I have done mine a few times. I use my jet wash , but wrap my alternator and other important eletrics in plastic, also gaffer tape over the holes on the central engine cover. I don't jet near the covered parts. Finally towel it down to remove excess water. I then use Neilsens Blue polish on anything with a smooth finish, inner wings, plastic covers,hoses, pipes etc, it stops the dust sticking so reducing the need to clean so often:)

Lots of kitchen towel, swabs and patience. I don't recommend jet washing it.

I use halfrauds degreaser for stubborn bits, Autoglym rubber shine afterwards - makes all the plastic bits look great. Autosol for the metal bits.

Comes up like this:

http://www.kitcarcentral.co.uk/test/frontdirty.jpg

http://www.kitcarcentral.co.uk/test/frontclean.jpg

You guys will probably shout at me but I used a clean cloth and soapy water. I squeezed out the cloth till it was almost dry and cleaned everything....watching out for anything electrical. Then used the autoglym stuff above for EVERY single rubber pipe including all the little ones....yes, sad :p