The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t what clutch to use?

HarleyFDMD

Need some advice on what clutch to use on my na t build please.

Its a jspec na w58. I'm using a precision 6262 turbo kit and aiming for a fraction over 400bhp (on the limit of the gearboxes strength I know)

Iv been told stage 3 clutch or higher and some say to use a 6 puck and others say otherwise?

I want to retain its deliverability as much as possible and have a budget of about £600 if that sounds reasonable.

Brands and models would be good if anyone has any first hand experience.

Thanks in advance

Harley

If youre on a budget then id go for competition, ive bought a stage 3 competition for my TT BPU, pretty much unbeatable prices from part box/ co-ordsport

BUT if your budget is 600 like you say, have a look at Whifbitz, they have the spec stage 3+, it has the higher rating for torque and is also a solid face disc so will remain good to drive with aswell as being kind to the gearbox

I had a spec stage 3 in my old na-t but it was a bit juddery pulling off and was a 6 puk, no problems but would be annoying for a daily driver, stage 3+ is the one to go for

A friend and member on here is using a spec stage 3 clutch! Rated for over 400bhp on the W58. I can confirm its a very nice feeling clutch, very drivable with hardly any change in pedal feel. I wouldn't recommend a compeition clutch as I have had nothing but issues with them

Whatever you go with, don't go with a paddle clutch! Horrible things in a road car!

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever you go with, don't go with a paddle clutch! Horrible things in a road car!

James is a paddle clutch a puck clutch? I.e. Does puck and paddle mean the same thing?