The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trains

Scoboblio

EDIT: Ooops, sorry, meant to post this in chit-chat, but in my rage hit the wrong button :) Could a passing mod please move it? :blonde:

********WARNING: HUGE RANT AHEAD********

Okay this is REALLY getting on my nerves now.

Tomorrow, 'One' railway are again closing the train line between Chelmsford and Shenfield, and Witham and Braintree all day. This has happened nearly every Sunday for what seems like a good couple of years now. What the hell are they doing that takes that long?

In order to get home in the morning I now have to take a Train, a bus, another train, then drive. Not what I want after a 12 hour night shift. I'll just about have enough time to get a few hours sleep before I turn round and do it all again tomorrow night.

Do I get any money off my train ticket for this? Nope, of course not.

I've got a mate who lives virtually on the train line in Chelmsford and he's reported seeing the same three people sitting there doing nothing all day (just reading the paper etc).

Politicians are always banging on about getting us onto public transport, why the hell should I bother when the service is like this? The only reason I don't drive into London is because after a night shift I'll be too tired to drive that distance home safetly.

********Rant over********

Trains are just awful...

I took them for 5 years when I worked in london, and hardly a week would go past without one issue or other...

My fav was the little line I used to take home to my village...

Bear in mind it runs between basingstoke and reading, and is a little 3 coach unit... there are no diversions between reading and basingstoke...

Sat on the platform when the announcement came on..

'We apologise for the delay in the 22h30 train, it has gone missing...'

How the hell do you loose a train?? especially one that can only go in one of two directions...

Know how you feel, I used to get the trains as well to London, and at times they would cancel for engineering, put on a bus service.

But you know every month you can go to the ticket office, if you buy a monthly ticket this is, and if there has been rail disruptions they refund you ;)

I don't qualify for refunds because I never buy monthly tickets... because I very rarely travel during rush hour I save money by using a young persons rail card for off-peak. Still, my weekly ticket for when I'm on a week of days or nights is now £70 :conf:

Even thought their company pays their fares, my Dad and Sister both got compensation when the heatwave a couple of years ago sent the trains into chaos.... I bought my own tickets but was told I don't qualify because only season ticket holders get compensation :banghead:

London transport sux, too outdated. We must have the oldest technology around the world being one of the ealriest to operate the underground service.

Hong Kong - MTR ~ tube but non of thos signal failure crap and with air conditioner

Spain - Metro ~ tube with down to the second ETA timer and air conditioner

France - Metro ~ some parts are as old as London and full of graffity!

Can't find any one worse then us except trains in India but thats nothing to be proud of. And how much is our ticket? shame man, shame! Every morning I take bus and then tube to work, come home via train.........transported like cattle in the rush hours I tell you.

China