The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Feeling a bit stupid whilst looking for a decat (NA)

Mason

Sorry to post this gents just a little confused, did some searching and I know that the second decat from a turbo would fit an NA, I've looked on eBay and it's mostly all 1st decat...but some ads are 1st decat and downpipe...like this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-SUPRA-MK4-JZA80-92-02-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-DOWNPIPE-1ST-DECAT-PIPE-/181107598561?fits=Model%3ASupra&hash=item2a2adaa4e1

I'm far from mechanically minded so is the downpipe in this ad considered the 2nd decat?

Double decatting an NA is stupidly loud apparently. They're louder than TT's so it would be about as loud as you could possibly get with a supra provided you have a loud cat back.

NA-T replaces all cats so why not wait until then and do it all at once?

Well I thought decats were one of the things you had to get whilst working towards NA-T, I've got a 3" cat back at the moment and was next to a Skyline in the tunnels the other week and couldn't hear mine...which is the reasoning behind my impatience lol

Double decatting an NA is stupidly loud apparently. They're louder than TT's so it would be about as loud as you could possibly get with a supra provided you have a loud cat back.

NA-T replaces all cats so why not wait until then and do it all at once?

That's not always the case. My na has no cats now and is near stock on tick over. It is the quietest exhaust on the market though.

It depends what combination you go for.

My N/A is Double decat with a Motoria exhaust, sounds a little raspy but pops and burbles. Also louder than you'd think it would be, ive had rev off's (thank god no racing haha) with AMG's and Lambos etc, and at times i drowned out their sound. It can get droney on the motorway, but if you drive sensibly its not all that bad. Just do it bud, if you dont like it revert it - simple as :)