The mkiv Supra Owners Club

unlucky as ever..

SupraWoman

was going home yesterday nite by M25, was about to take off and a stone flyinh from the front car's wheel hitting my front bumper... :banghead:

for over 7 yrs in uk never had stone chips, and now when i had done recently the most expensive paint work, its happened.. :mad:

because it has many coats of laquer as well, it caused to lift a bit the area around that spot..

cant even afford to fix it now.. :banghead: :cry:

sigh.. i already had a half of bottle of wine yesterday when i got home, and seeing it today again made me finish off that bottle... :burp:

where the initila hit came - it went through to the primer..

and i was thinking abt getting that leahter bra now.. but - where can i find one? :conf:

:cry: - im off to open another wine..and have a siggy maybe.. when i thought i stopped smoking..didnt have any for the last few weeks..sigh..

im not sure.. i did press it slightly, I remember.. but nah, i dont think it went to the same colour..

is it a bad sign? :(

dont smoke, just get wasted,does it for me :D

i feel like a right loner, stuck in 3 weeks in row,sat TV is shocking lol

When you press bit where its lifted does it go back to normal paint colour?

sorry i dont know, i once had laquer come off some paint on a motorbike of mine, and i heated the laquer and pushed it back on to paint and it stuck. Im not suggesting this by way! it prob not a good idea just what i done and got away with it! Only real way is to have it redone but you already knew that :(

ill be expecting wasted posts from you by midnight :D

Thank you Steve.. I'll appreciate it. As cant get hold of my mechanic for the last 10 days.. :werd:

I hope he'll not charge me lots for it.. :cry:

I think Roger is going to be back at the weekend Yulia! If i remember correctly. He will get it looking like new again for you Hon! I'll send him another text telling him what has happened

:hug:

I dont think Im gonna claim, as just got insured with a new company 2 weeks ago..

as i already lost no claims bonus when i claimed last summer with the previous company..

maybe i should concentrate on pasing bike test and drive my bike.. :blink:

will be cheaper, petrol wise as well LOL

sorry to hear about the damage to your paintwork. to be honest the only way to repair that properly is to have the bumper sprayed again. you could claim on your insurance if your fully comp :cry:

I think 6000 people die of starvation every day around the world.

But the stone chip is very unlucky ;)

lol,... but if I'm honest, I drive around in my Supra afraid of bumbs and stone chips. As long as my car is worth more money than I currently have in the bank then its the most important thing in MY world ;)

Hope its fixed soon SW ;)