The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newly Built TT V161 6 speed White Jap Spec Supra - Must See!

supra_24

Due to a change in circumstances and a new job opportunity, I am now having to put my one pride and joy up for sale.

I now require a daily that’s all round good on fuel etc, to get to work and back and won’t really have the time to use the Supra much, hence the sale.

I am by no means in a hurry to sell. I want the car to go to a good home and someone who will take care of it as I have.

The Supra is MOT until July 2016 and has just had a recent service at the end of July, where engine oil, oil filter, gearbox oil, diff oil, coolant, brake fluid were all changed.

The 2JZ jap spec engine has covered around 80,000 miles. The NA shell has covered around 195,000km, which shows on the milometer.

This car has had over £32,000 spent on it over the last 2 years, in order to get it to the high standard it is now. In fact most of the car parts listed are brand new since July 2015. I can provide every single invoice of work.

All work done on this car was undertaken by Whifbitz London and Horsham Developments. Two top tuning companies.

Feel free to contact either in regards to the car and the work done by them.

http://h-dev.co.uk/index2.php?page=home

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/

you can even view whifbitz supra club thread page, for more info on what was done by them.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?321982-Ashleys-Supra-5-speed-to-6-speed-conversion-and-other-stuff-too!

The car started off as an NA shell and then later had a Jap Spec Twin Turbo engine installed.

Since then it has dramatically transformed. It’s had a full respray in white with a custom body kit installed, a brand new V161 6 speed gearbox has been installed, with a light weight flywheel and Spec stage 1 clutch. Great for daily driving. Garage Whifbitz also installed brand new Hybrid Twin turbos along with a Greddy Profec boost controller to take the power to 400bhp!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204132[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204133[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204134[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204135[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204136[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204138[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204139[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204140[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204141[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204142[/ATTACH]

Spec

Engine & exhaust:

Jap Spec 2JZ TT engine 1993 - Covered 80,000 miles

New cam cover seals with new rubber washers and bolts installed

Thatcham approved Cat 1 Clifford alarm system with immobiliser - £450 worth of kit, 2 key fobs included

Koyo aftermarket oil radiator

Whifbitz large front mounted intercooler - brand new

Aluminium coolant expansion tank - brand new

Aluminium fan shroud

Whifbitz Aluminium power steering tank with braided hoses

Aftermarket Whifbitz Aluminium power steering cooler

Japspeed aluminium air intake pipe

Blitz power flow air induction kit

Walbro aftermarket fuel pump system

Straight-through exhaust system, decat

HKS Silent Hi-Power Exhaust system. (Sounds awesome)

Custom white plastic cam cover

Brand new battery

Refurbished IVC (idle valve control)

Refurbished power steering pump

Hybrid Twin Turbo’s, with steel internals – Brand New

Whifbitz 264 cam’s – Brand New

Engine power as it stands is around 400bhp

Drive-train:

V161 6 Speed Gearbox – Brand New - covered less than 1000 miles

TT Large Rear Diff – Refurbed and sandblasted/painted

Spec stage 1 clutch – Brand New - less than 1000 miles

Up-rated Light flywheel – Brand New - less than 1000 miles

Under body of car fully treated and under sealed in July 2015

Newly refurbished rear subframe. Sandblasted and powder coated, along with rear diff and driveshafts.

TT right hand side diff mount fitted - both mounts present to handle more power.

Brand new whifbitz anti-roll bars front and rear. July 2015

Brakes and wheels:

UK spec TT front brakes + new discs - New in August 2014

UK spec TT rear brakes + new discs - New in August 2014

Uprated Porterfield brake pads - New July 2015

Rota Drift Force Black Alloys 18" 11J rear and 8.5J front - New August 2014

Falcon tyres all round - New in August 2014

Megan Racing rear adjustable toe arms.

Superpro bushes installed

New alignment bolts

New front lower arms

4 wheel laser alignment

Bodywork:

NA white Supra shell

Front glass headlights - New

Original bonnet

Top secret II front bumper - New

JDL custom fit side skirts

JDL custom fit rear spats

JDL custom fit front fenders

Trial Rear Custom bumper

TRD Rear spoiler

Full re-spray in white, Including bonnet and doors. Wing mirrors will be done prior to purchase for new owner.

Interior:

UK dials with MPH conversion kit and delimiter installed

Momo aftermarket snap off steering wheel

Aftermarket 6 speed aluminium gear knob

2x Corbeau Forza Sport FIA approved racing bucket seats Red/Black - New and very comfortable.

2x Custom seat rails

Rear UK TT leather seats

Custom painted White Dash

Greddy Profec boost controller/boost gauge

Speakers are present, but require head unit to finish off.

Hey bud, dont get me wrong, I would love to keep it, but now I have been offered a new job that requires further traveling, I need to get a new car that can do the miles and is good on fuel. Cant really afford to have 2 cars and the supra wouldn't see much use during the week, so I'm having to sell the supra :(

Well written advert and well documented history dude :thumbs: but tbh that's well over priced for a bpu TT6, GLWTS and hopefully you get what you want

Cheers bud. Just out of curiosity, when you say well overpriced, what sort of figure were you thinking of?

Cheers bud. Just out of curiosity, when you say well overpriced, what sort of figure were you thinking of?

You won't like this but your looking at around £10-£12k I would put it up at. The fact is it's not a genuine TT will put a lot of folk off, if you take into consideration there's single turbo supra's from £12.5k (Fully built auto) and £14k (UK spec 6 speed) at the moment for sale. Not trying to put a downer on the sale, just trying to be realistic for you buddy :)

You won't like this but your looking at around £10-£12k I would put it up at. The fact is it's not a genuine TT will put a lot of folk off, if you take into consideration there's single turbo supra's from £12.5k (Fully built auto) and £14k (UK spec 6 speed) at the moment for sale. Not trying to put a downer on the sale, just trying to be realistic for you buddy :)

Fair enough mate. If that is the case though, I may as well be giving the car away for free. Realistically, I don't think I could let her go for that price range. If you look at it from my perspective, Ive spent way over that and had hoped to get a reasonable amount of that back. Most parts are relatively new as well.

I will see how this goes for a while and if nothing comes of it, I will just keep her :)

I think you are best off keeping this mate get a cheap daily diesel, you rarely get your money back on building cars probably lucky if you get half back in most cases but that's doing up cars no matter the make/model with my aero I lost around 12-15k .

It is nice to see you have not cut corners though on your build. I have seen some people asking top dollar and things like bushes,crank pulley, valve stem seals,water pump etc have not been done and supra's are at a age now where it's almost guaranteed they will need doing my last 2 needed it within the first year of ownership and that was ££££ ontop of buying the car

Fair enough mate. If that is the case though, I may as well be giving the car away for free. Realistically, I don't think I could let her go for that price range. If you look at it from my perspective, Ive spent way over that and had hoped to get a reasonable amount of that back. Most parts are relatively new as well.

I will see how this goes for a while and if nothing comes of it, I will just keep her :)

I can see where your coming from wanting that money after spending so much, but you won't get it mate. I had to take an £11k loss on my supra in terms of build cost vs car sale, it's a risk we all take when we start modifying our cars in any way.

Like I said GLWTS and I hope you get a serious offer

You may not want to hear this but the best financial way to get your money back is to break it, especially as some of the parts are new you should get good interest. You'll never get money back on labour.

Have a look at my For Sale thread to gauge price wise what you would be looking for it as a whole.

GLWTS :)

As Abz says, it's worth more in parts unfortunately. Even then, I can't see it making £25k.

Sorry to p!ss on your parade mate(not my intention...), but I'd be very surprised if someone paid close to £15k.

As Chaz says, keep it, buy a cheapo diesel banger and keep enjoying it.

Well cheers guys for your insights. Its a lovely car and I would hate to break it for parts. Would be a real shame. I really do appreciate your responses, its nice to get everyones honest opinion.

Even if i broke for parts, Im still gonna have to pay someone to do that, so its seems pointless.

Well I will keep it up here for a little bit and if nothing comes of it, I will just have to keep her and get another daily car.

Guess I could lease a newish corsa or something. They have some pretty cheap deals going.

Just dont wanna buy some old banger that cant even make it 5 miles without having a mental break down lol.

If you do decide to keep it as it seems most financially sensible, go grab yourself a 1.9tdi Audi A3 and have a blend remap done for around £200. You'll be getting just over 600 miles to a full tank which cost around £50!

This.

I needed to borrow a car at short notice to go to the Paris office a few years ago, took my mates Audi A3 1.9TDi which he bought for £1200 with 158k on the clock. Filled up £55 diesel and to my utter surprise we drove to Paris & back and did 558 miles on that! I could not believe it! Now that was a few years ago so I am sure you can pick it up cheaper. I would lock it up and get something cheap to run, a daily beater is exactly that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.