The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To break or not.. what's your view?

mugen_power

Hey guys,

I'm a little unsure which route to go with this Supra I have, I bought Bandicoots old Aerotop and my original plan was to take the NA-T engine from it and then refit my NA engine and W58, MOT it and sell it as NA manual Aerotop. However I get a lot of requests for the shell, now I'm all for helping a fellow member out with an Aerotop rolling shell for a project but I'm unsure which route is personally best in terms of financially, obviously I don't want to end up with less if I break it, usually it seems to be more rewarding breaking a car but is that true with an Aerotop given how rarely they come up for sale? Especially converted manual ones.

A bit of info about the car, it was recently undersealed the underneath doesn't have a spot of rust on it, suspension components are in great shape, 4 pot front calipers, 2 pot rear calipers, TS carbon bonnet, engine and gearbox that will be in it has covered approximately 75,000 miles, aftermarket exhaust, Dare 18" alloys, last years MOT had 0 advisories, aftermarket steering wheel, some sort of body kit (unsure which), smoothed rear hatch, few other bits and pieces that I'm forgetting off the top of my head right now.

So what would you guys value the car as...

- Complete car, MOT'd ready to go?

- Shell with no bonnet, side skirts, bumpers, seats, wheels, brakes, carpets, lights, engine or gearbox?