The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2002 Supra

formatzero

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/2002-toyota-supra-vvti-rz-twin-turbo-manual-6-speed--blitz-kit--one-of-the-last-made--s-spent--stunning/4588315

Nearly went to look at this when it was on P/H a few weeks back but couldn't take to the body kit,now back up for sale with another dealer having gained £2k on the way,silly money now.:blink:

I'm not sure why people think.it is overpriced, 2002 TT6's are often £20k plus in Japan. Even poorly kitted ones.

The days of getting a tidy tt6 for £10k are gone, values are shooting up here to match the high prices already seen in Europe, Japan and America.

Because it is? Apart from a fresh import when was the last time a TT6 sold for over 15k on here?

How many 2002 TT6's do you see for sale over here? The late model cars have always carried a large premium. If you think it is bad with Supras, you can pick up a tidy, low miles FD3S RX7 for under £10k. Many Spirit R models are over £30k in Japan...

I'm not sure why people think.it is overpriced, 2002 TT6's are often £20k plus in Japan. Even poorly kitted ones.

The days of getting a tidy tt6 for £10k are gone, values are shooting up here to match the high prices already seen in Europe, Japan and America.

Obviously the right buyer will be willing to pay 20k if they think it's worth it, but generally we all say it's overpriced because a fresh, stock, low-mile TT6 would go for just shy of 20k, but the fact it isn't stock just reduces the value. Mine is 2001 and cost 15k almost a year ago, so I don't think the price has risen 5k in the last year.

I.did.see a 2001 supra tt six speed very original no body kits and 60k grade 3.5 and that sold at auction English money £17,500 which is crazy money by the time you get that over here! By the way I haven't seen any supras at auction in Japan for now coming upto 2 week's! Usually there are at least 4 to 5 on a bad week! Do you think they have run out!!!

Obviously the right buyer will be willing to pay 20k if they think it's worth it, but generally we all say it's overpriced because a fresh, stock, low-mile TT6 would go for just shy of 20k, but the fact it isn't stock just reduces the value. Mine is 2001 and cost 15k almost a year ago, so I don't think the price has risen 5k in the last year.

Yeah, yours is 2001 so is no more desirable than a 1999 or 2000 one. A 2002 is the final sales year, so will always command a premium. Even though on reality it is really no different, and in fact the car would have been built in 2000/2001.

Well, i think your car value has risen several thousand in a year. Even n/a manuals value has risen 1k£ in last 6-8 months.

I would say that VVTi TT6s in very good condition are £15k plus cars now, and 2002s should command a premium.

Completely agree. Supra prices are going up there's no doubt about that. The bodykit does ruin this one a little though, if it was removed it'd be a beaut.

As supra owners we shouldn't be complaining about dealers like this driving the prices up anyway, does us no harm :nana: