The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seats for my supra

ripped_fear

So I'm looking into fitting some bucket seats into the Ole Supra and looking for some opinions.

I Love Recaro speeds, but unfortunately my budget wont stretch far enough for a Brand new set, so second hand is a consideration If I can find some. I have also seen some ebay replica speeds that look great, but god knows the build quality so going to stay clear of them.

So I have been looking around at some different brands, ie Sparco and I have found these-

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/sparco-r100-vinyl-sport-seat/prod_2601.html

Seem very cheap and still a quality brand. However has anyone seen a set in a supra before? and anyone know how comfortable they are?

Also very interested to see some recommendations too, ideally well priced new seats in ideally leather or maybe leatherette (not interested in cloth). I like traditional looking seats not the newer buckets like Audi RS style.

So please post pictures and opinions.

Why not go somewhere that sells them so you can actually try them for comfort before you buy some. I wouldn't buy seats without trying them first. You can always source the cheapest supply after trying them...

That is a very good point, if you are in London Jake, happy for you to try the Speeds out.

Sportseats4u.co.uk will let you visit and try the seats out, they have a fairly large range in the showroom, I got my speeds form there, great service and best prices I coud find! I would always go for Recaro speeds, they suit the Supra so well and are so comfy :)

BTW they do finance over 12 months :D

These recaro speeds are something special - I will defo be getting these. Only three questions are -

- What to do with OEM seats

- Will the electric functions / rails of oem seats work with these

- Who can fit these for me?!?!

1 - keep them.

2 - nope.

3 - easy to do, 5 bolts per seat to remove old. Bolt a new rain on, bolt back into the car.

[emoji106]🏼

Those speeds do look good! :thumbs:

I was going to get Cobra Misano seats for mine, but I may just change my mind...pretty much all my cars have had recaro seats! I even bought a recaro child seat!

I got Recaro seat for my daughter too, they were leagues ahead of the other baby seats! :D

Personally Recaro Speeds are my favourite, I'd hold out until a set comes up for sale or until you can afford them.

Thing is they literally never come uop. I have been waiting patiently for a long time. Here, ebay, Drift works, so want to get the ball rolling at some point.

Why not go somewhere that sells them so you can actually try them for comfort before you buy some. I wouldn't buy seats without trying them first. You can always source the cheapest supply after trying them...

This is somthing I would be doing if I dont go for the speeds.

That is a very good point, if you are in London Jake, happy for you to try the Speeds out.

Cheers Abz :thumbs: I have sat in speeds before in Steve M's car and loved them.

Sportseats4u.co.uk will let you visit and try the seats out, they have a fairly large range in the showroom, I got my speeds form there, great service and best prices I coud find! I would always go for Recaro speeds, they suit the Supra so well and are so comfy :)

BTW they do finance over 12 months :D

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/giantmatt/20150424_143259.jpg

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/giantmatt/20150424_160433.jpg

Stunning, although not sure on the pay over 12 months things, always been firm in beleiveing if you cant afford wait till you can.

Too modern IMO in a supra

What is your budget Jake? I know an absolute nutter with a garage full of recaros from Hondas.

Will pm you James,

incredibly cheap! :blink:

Just not sure on the style of them, hope I don't offend a few members as I know they are getting popular, but to my eye they don't suit the interior. If I could find some tired speeds like the above they would be prefect for a re-trim.

Thanks for the link though :thumbs:

I had been considering these-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181780031072?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

The ones you are looking at are probably better than the OEM Supra Recaros, as you can buy replacement bolsters for those from Capital Seating. The shoulder bolsters on the Supra Recaros can't be replaced, and they are a weak point.

However, just consider the overall cost of buying those seats, buying new bolsters, getting them retrimmed etc. It cost me £850 when I trimmed a set, but I was very lucky to find a set of very straight Recaro Speeds (not OEM) with Supra rails for £400.

The ones you are looking at are probably better than the OEM Supra Recaros, as you can buy replacement bolsters for those from Capital Seating. The shoulder bolsters on the Supra Recaros can't be replaced, and they are a weak point.

However, just consider the overall cost of buying those seats, buying new bolsters, getting them retrimmed etc. It cost me £850 when I trimmed a set, but I was very lucky to find a set of very straight Recaro Speeds (not OEM) with Supra rails for £400.

The later part of your post is what has held me back, they have been forsale for a while now. There is a very good company my way, and I have details for another company (the one who did ibrar's interior) as I now have the steering wheel, but as you say it soon adds up, and replacement bolsters would definitely be needed. Basically what I need it tonytt to break his car and sell me the seats :D

Buckets are cool, but theres something unique about the stock design. Wouldn't you settle for some supra seat covers trimmed to your specs? try...interior innovations. I got them to do mine

Already have OEM leather, just fancy somthing a little more supporting.

Just going back to post one I think these are the sparco seats-

Post 95.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?564926-Updating-the-Supra-Interior-with-Custom-Interior-Work-by-Titan-Motorsports/page4

If its them they seem to fit the interior nicely.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)