The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So I did something stupid...

Fizzy T

So I bought a Supra shell ages ago that came with a fuel tank still on it that still had some fuel in it, I drained the fuel out with the intention of dumping it in case it was contaminated...I'm sure by now you all know what I did :haha:

I usually use the jerry can in my garage for a back up fuel supply for my house mates GSXR but as it was empty at the time I used it to store the petrol from the donor cars tank, my mistake was totally forgetting it was dodgy fuel in it and thinking "Hmm...I'm skint so I'll just use what's in the can" in my Supra TT daily. :sly:

The very moment the last drop pretty much poured on in I had a flash in my mind of me pouring suspect petrol into the jerrycan and my face dropped. :shock:

Feel free to laugh, I did after the car started to miss fire and conked out! but who's got some good advice or tips on how to go about draining it out and flushing the system?

Kinda what I was thinking Benjy, I just don't know if it would damage the pump any more if I did as I'd much prefer the option of drain and replace the filter over drain and replace filter AND fuel pump.

I'm guessing it's water contaminated petrol.

I only put in around 4 litres or so and do think diluting it with some good old V power would work but with my track record of bad luck and finances of late I think it's best to drain it and purge the whole system. I can't afford to whack a load of petrol in it at the moment and hope it dilutes rather than spoils the lot.

I would do as benjy says and just unbolt the fuel line before the filter and turn the pump on! Take the EFI fuses out and turn the engine over or best to do it through the diagnostics port in the engine bay. If you connect terminal FP and B+ using a paper or some wire it will turn the pump on without turning the engine over. You will need to turn the key into position 2 aswell

Drained out the fuel but I'm skint so can't fill it with fresh petrol till pay day :( Drained nearly 20 litres out of the tank and fuel rail etc. I bridged the diagnostic ports like what was suggested, I'm wondering if any fuel remains in the return like though? Hopefully not enough to cause any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I siphoned all the fuel out of my housemates motorcycle as he runs it on premium fuel and not 95 Ron, battery went flat trying to start it so charged it for a few hours then went out and tried again. She coughed a few times but eventually she started, doesn't like to idle and now I'm pretty sure it's miss firing as it sounds like a tractor and is shaking the whole car about.

I didn't like the idea of driving it like that to go get more fuel so I've sent my housemate off with my card to fill up his bike and I'll siphon it out again into the Supra to help dilute any bad contaminants left in it.

I really hope this works :(

It's all good now, I put some RedX injector cleaner in it and finally got it to start as usually it was stalling pretty much straight after trying to fire up. I got it up to 3k and held it there for a while, it tried to die on me a few times so I raised revs to around 4k and held it. It cleared right up after a minute of that, runs just as it did before now. Still pretty sure I have a slight misfire but that was there before.

Took it out for a drive with my mate on his GSXR and had a few good pulls against each other, He's got lots of footage of me kicking it down and doing some boost pulls so will see if any of it is good enough to share.