The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Estimated Repair costs......New Vehicle

SILKYSMOOTH

Hi All,

I have been away from Supra ownership for 7 years now and not a day has gone by that I regret selling my old Supra, as presumed I knew I would not be able to stay away from owning another Supra in my life and have possibly found one that I am picking up this weekend. Planning to keep one for life now! I'm 41 years old now am I too old for a Supra now? (in my eyes you are never too old for a Supra..lol) If all goes well I will officially be a proud Supra owner before the weekend is out but need your help guys on a few things as the car needs a little TLC and would like to know your thoughts.

1- Speedometer does not work - is this just the speedometer cable?....easy fix? if so how much to install a new one or what else wrong could it be?

2- Ridox style front bumper has some slight dents and marks on it, how much to repair and respray?

3- Side skirts have come away slightly also would this be an easy fix to stick back on? Cost involved?

There are a few other bits too but nothing serious.....I hope! Will need to change the starter motor too at some point which I have done before so that should be okay!

All advice appreciated!

Thanks

Never ever too old to own a supra!

I wouldn't know about costs on bodywork but normally the whole panel would need re spraying not just the part that's damaged and sometimes even further to match it all up.

Well if its just the speedo and not the revs etc, then it could be just needing a new speed converter. Mines just gone, if its an auto the o/d light will flash as well. Where to buy one and how much for is what I'm trying to find out atm.

If it has an aftermarket speed converter fitted, some of these are not built to last and if it fails, it'll stop the speedo from working. Not a hard fix, well within the capability of a DIYer if you have a soldering iron. Good replacement ones cost approx £60 - £100.

If it has an aftermarket speed converter fitted, some of these are not built to last and if it fails, it'll stop the speedo from working. Not a hard fix, well within the capability of a DIYer if you have a soldering iron. Good replacement ones cost approx £60 - £100.

thanks mate that is reassuring :thumbs:

I'd budget for around £200 (NI prices, may be more/less where you live) for a repair and respray of the front bumper :) If you're not handy with diy yourself, the body shop should re-attach the skirt for you while they're painting the bumper and shouldn't charge much (if anything)

I'd budget for around £200 (NI prices, may be more/less where you live) for a repair and respray of the front bumper :) If you're not handy with diy yourself, the body shop should re-attach the skirt for you while they're painting the bumper and shouldn't charge much (if anything)

Sounds good cheers....I'would be happy paying £200 for the complete fix :-) I'm pretty handy on the DIY stuff so i'm hoping to fix the side skirts myself with a bit of strong glue and touch up paint and that's all they will need but bit worried that on one side I noticed it has a screw going through the side skirt near the front tyre end holding the skirt firmly into place! The car is sitting quite low and has obviously been over a few bumps and had some scrapes but I'm hoping it's all in good condition behind the skirt and not rusted or anything and it's just minor cosmetic stuff that can be easily repaired.

Edited by SILKYSMOOTH (see edit history)