The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full GEO - best place?

SupraP-Z

Hi All,

I've finally managed to fit my new wheels and space them out to where i want them to be. On driving the car tramlines sometimes especially on uneven surface. My steering wheel also doesn't sit 100% straight when the wheels are facing straight on. I also have camber issues, the toe seems to be off - drivers side wheels sit in ever so slightly, while passenger side wheels front and back sit completely straight. I'm wondering whether a full geometry setup and adjustment will fix these issues?

I have HSD coilovers ready to go on, i would like these put on and adjusted at the same time.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get these things sorted? Walk in - walk out the same day kind of thing

I'd be checking the arms for play in the bushes and ball joints first, or you could be wasting your money doing the geo.

Also see if the adjusters will actually move as quite a few seize solid and you end up having to cut them off

with a disc grinder.

http://www.centregravity.co.uk is very good and did mine but not cheap

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

This would be my order, I put Elite Direct (in Rainham), although they are no where as good as the other two, they seem to pay a lot more attention than normal garages and they only work on suspension and tyres, mainly on performance cars and as such they have low loader ramps for cars which are low. Price wise they are pretty good too.

1. Chris Wilson

2. Wheels In Motion

3. Elite Direct

I'd be checking the arms for play in the bushes and ball joints first, or you could be wasting your money doing the geo.

Also see if the adjusters will actually move as quite a few seize solid and you end up having to cut them off

with a disc grinder.

http://www.centregravity.co.uk is very good and did mine but not cheap

Thanks DnK, you reckon these would have picked up on an MOT? I might have had very slight play in one rear wheel bush, but its been an advisory for a couple of years and nothing has come of it, not got worse etc. What happens if the adjusters need to be cut off? will it still be functional after that, or a replacement job? (Probably a silly question...cutting is never really a reversible process lol)

This would be my order, I put Elite Direct (in Rainham), although they are no where as good as the other two, they seem to pay a lot more attention than normal garages and they only work on suspension and tyres, mainly on performance cars and as such they have low loader ramps for cars which are low. Price wise they are pretty good too.

1. Chris Wilson

2. Wheels In Motion

3. Elite Direct

Rainham isnt too far from me at all, have you been to Elite Direct before? I dont know if id trust my car with a place in rainham :taped:

I think SRD have access to an alignment machine now, so maybe ask there? Not THAT far from you.

Ah ok i didnt realise Lee did alignment. If i cant get anywhere closer ill try lee, he's about an hour and a half away from me. Cheers

All depends how far you want to travel. I've got access to Hunter Alignment through my brother-in-law.

Where abouts are you based bud?

Also whats the difference between a full geo and an alignment, or isnt there one?

Any other suggestions of people they have used?

Thanks you all for your replies

Rainham isnt too far from me at all, have you been to Elite Direct before? I dont know if id trust my car with a place in rainham :taped:

Haha that is the only reason I would venture into Rainham :D

Most of them that work there are petrol heads, last time I was there I had a wheel alignment and tyres changed. The chap sorting out my car had a 800bhp R32 GTR, few nice staff motors and the boss was in a tidy Bentley GT. They have a nice waiting area and also a small canteen where you can order burgers, drinks etc whilst you wait for the work to be carried out.

Quite often if the adjuster needs to be cut to remove the arm the remaining part inside bush can't be pushed out

no matter what you try and then you need to buy a complete new arm.

Mots don't always pick up the play in the bushes or ball joints, they definitely don't pick up seized eccentric adjusters