The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rota Force vs XXR527's whaddayathink?

Supra Kong

What do you guys think is better?

Can't make up my mind... The XXR's seem a lot more affordable... what's the downside?

Is there a big weight difference, quality, strength?

Also, any recommendations on decent aggressive offsets? I do want some big tyres on them.

Don't mind getting the arches rolled. But i'll be tracking the car.. so i wouldn't want any rubbing on extreme suspension travel.

Thanks folks

If I was in the market for wheels I wouldn't have bought the XXR 527's they flake and bubble just like the wheel mania wheels that were around before. In saying that I heard that XXR have changed their paint process since a few complaints came in about them. I would enquire with XXR if that has been addressed before ordering.

If I was in the market for wheels I wouldn't have bought the XXR 527's they flake and bubble just like the wheel mania wheels that were around before. In saying that I heard that XXR have changed their paint process since a few complaints came in about them. I would enquire with XXR if that has been addressed before ordering.

Hmmm... good shout!

I think i am going more towards the Rota's although i prefer the look of the XXR's.... should really stay with my Volk Racing wheels, but am bored and want to get a wider rear with more aggressive offsets!

Aren't they both a cast wheel? If so personally I would want to avoid them wheels if I am planning on regular track says.

The XXR527's look pretty nice, they look like the Advans.

Think The Rota Force are almost identical too...

Whifbitz used Rota's on one of their Time Attack cars, didn't they? don't think they had too much trouble?

I love the 527's, but you should check out some Work wheels ;)

The ultimate wheels would be the Advan's RS, but just a little too pricey! Rota's and XXR's are cast knock offs... Think all works wheels are cast too?

So given the choice, i think i'd like something that looks like the Advan's! :)

Think the Rota's are lighter than the XXR's and possibly better finish... hmmm

Second lot do look nice... Not a fan of the TE37's though.... :)

- - - Updated - - -

Those wheels in the second link are cheap!! And pretty!! And making think I should have them on my car... :sly:

As you would say : Do it!!!!