The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manifold to decat gasket advice

ripped_fear

Hi all.

Tomorrow Is the big day of fitting the third manifold set-up on my NA.

When I fitted the original de-cat I was advised that a normal after-market gasket couldn't be used due to the lip on the OEM manifolds, and there-fore had to use the liquid gasket stuff you can buy.

Now to be honest the stuff is horrible but it did seem to work in sealing the join. Now tomorrow I will be splitting it again to install a different second de-cat, so I purchased some new 2.5" after market exhaust gaskets, one for the 1st decat to 2nd decat join and a couple spare.

This leads me to my question. There seems to be enough meat on the manifolds and de-cat to seal, and the 2.5" gaskets look as though they will fit on the manifold join if I round the hole out by around 2-3mm, would this combined with a little exhaust sealant work, and give me a better longer lasting gasket? or even better can I not bother using the sealant.

What have others used?

Thanks In advance

Jake

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)