The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best car care products?

Vicky

I did do a quick search but couldn't find anything really recent

Just wondering what people use and find the best for cleaning their supra, when I had my old supra I always used meguiars but that was 4 years ago so I'm sure there are probably better products now?

mine field I do detailing for my living , its just a matter of finding what you like , what others use and like you may not but can be expensive to find out .

what colour is your car ? that's the best place to start .

I use dodo juice im authorised by them

also use meguiars

and a company from the states called duragloss

pretty much covers anything I come across customer wise , but if a customer specifies a product to use ill get it in for them .

its trial really but don't get cought up in a lot of hype it will cost you a lot of money .

this thread will be like I said "this is what I use " kind of thing read it and then decide

good luck any help you need just ask

peter

Oh God... You can recommend any product and someone will try to argue with you with detailing items.

My personal choices for cleaning are as follows:

Car Washing - Bilt Hamber Autowash (formerly Duragloss 901 but they're gone now. I use Meguairs Soft Wash for just getting dust and post-rain crud off)

Car Polishing - Menzerna products

Car Waxing - Swisswax Best of Show

Car Sealing - Bilt Hamber Auto Balm (Auto Wash actually works with this and reinforces the finish)

Leather cleaning - Gliptone Leather cleaner

Leather conditioning - Duragloss Leather conditioner

Polishing pads for machine - 3M and Lake Country

Tyre black - Meguiars Endurance Gel

APC/cloth cleaner - Valet Pro APC

Wheel cleaner - Valet Pro Bilberry

Strong wheel cleaner - P12s (use once a year, it'll strip everything off apart form the finish)

Quick detailer - Meguiars quick detailer

Clay Bars: Bilt Hamber are good hard ones, Megauirs are good soft ones

All products are good, 3M, Meguiars, Autoglym, Poorboys and so on. No such thing as a wrong answer

Cleaning products are one of those area which is subject to allot of personal preference.

I use a massive selection of products, used to swear by auto glym and still love allot of it but for certain things I use other brands, have a selection of Meguires products and a few poor boys bits. Also have a few trade polish and wax's.

If you have no products and just want a few different items go down to halfords and take advantage of the 3 for 2 and try a few. For £30-40 you could have 6 decent products which will make a big difference.

When it comes to shampoo's and waxes for body work I think the autoglym stuff is good, but on the flip side Im not a fan of the leather cleaner and balm, and equally the glass cleaner can be a pig to work with if conditions arent great.

I think Meguires metal polish is superb, and recently been converted on there tyre dressing.

Poor boys is a brand I havent had much exposure too but I have a couple, my favourite being the wheel sealant on the polish lips after I have used the metal polish.

If I had no products at all, (never going to happen :D ) I would to go to halfords tomorrow and buy,

Autoglym Super resin polish

Autoglym Shampoo

Autoglym Interior cleaner

Meguires Metal polish

Meguires Tyre dressing

Meguires Glass cleaner or Autoglym Fast glass, (ideally with this you want the glass wax too)

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Cleaning products are one of those area which is subject to allot of personal preference.

I use a massive selection of products, used to swear by auto glym and still love allot of it but for certain things I use other brands, have a selection of Meguires products and a few poor boys bits. Also have a few trade polish and wax's.

If you have no products and just want a few different items go down to halfords and take advantage of the 3 for 2 and try a few. For £30-40 you could have 6 decent products which will make a big difference.

When it comes to shampoo's and waxes for body work I think the autoglym stuff is good, but on the flip side Im not a fan of the leather cleaner and balm, and equally the glass cleaner can be a pig to work with if conditions arent great.

I think Meguires metal polish is superb, and recently been converted on there tyre dressing.

Poor boys is a brand I havent had much exposure too but I have a couple, my favourite being the wheel sealant on the polish lips after I have used the metal polish.

If I had no products at all, (never going to happen :D ) I would to go to halfords tomorrow and buy,

Autoglym Super resin polish

Autoglym Shampoo

Autoglym Interior cleaner

Meguires Metal polish

Meguires Tyre dressing

Meguires Glass cleaner or Autoglym Fast glass, (ideally with this you want the glass wax too)

I think Jake has pretty much got it there for the first approach to car cleaning, as has been mentioned take a look at the detailing sites for information and depending on time you have to spend cleaning/polishing/waxing and also budget its a mine field of products some very good some not so, its a trial end error until you get what you like to use with the results you like .....Also invest in some good quality mirofiber cloths the more the better

Cheers

-Ian-