The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy Boost Controller New Type Settings

adam1983

Been playing about trying to get the right settings for a bpu vvti auto.

My settings I am going for are 1 bar low and 1.2 high.

If anybody has the new type Greddy boost controller could you check your settings and post them on here so I have a good base to work from.

Ideally I will need the start boost, set value and the gain value.

Also is it best to set the start type to control or normal?

It was set up with some rough settings to get me going but not hitting 1.2 in high at the moment probably due to the heat over here. I have also noticed that when it does hit its peak boost it will drop down quite rapidly to a much lower boost. The gain was set to 20% when this was happening so not sure if that setting should be much higher or if other things should be changed or checked also.

Any help much appreciated.

Yeah I did download the user manual from their website which is very good at explaining how to change the settings and explain what they do.

What I was asking is what other people had just so I have an idea of how close or far out my current settings are and if I have them set up on the correct type.

My main issue is with the boost dropping off when it hits peak rather than keeping a constant at that level.

Also not sure what the start type should be set as. Should it be set as normal or control? I know what each does from the explanation in the manual but not sure what is best for the supra.

Just wondering what everyone else had set theirs at so I had a comparison to work from mainly.

as for the drop off , can you set rpm duties so when you get you peak say 40% duty at 4000rpm and you start to drop off at 4500 rpm can you not set the duty higher at that rpm ?

not sure if this will help but my avcr is set like this 3500 rpm 35% 4000 rpm 38% 4500 rpm 40% 5000 rpm 42% 5500 41%

those are not exact figures but there are something like that

Been playing about trying to get the right settings for a bpu vvti auto.

My settings I am going for are 1 bar low and 1.2 high.

If anybody has the new type Greddy boost controller could you check your settings and post them on here so I have a good base to work from.

Ideally I will need the start boost, set value and the gain value.

Also is it best to set the start type to control or normal?

It was set up with some rough settings to get me going but not hitting 1.2 in high at the moment probably due to the heat over here. I have also noticed that when it does hit its peak boost it will drop down quite rapidly to a much lower boost. The gain was set to 20% when this was happening so not sure if that setting should be much higher or if other things should be changed or checked also.

Any help much appreciated.

Is this the Profec B-Spec II that you are referring to? Like this:

If so, then yes it sounds like you need to raise the gain a little to stop the boost from dropping off higher up the rev range. You need to be careful though as upping the gain (I do increments of 2 at a time) can increase your peak value, so make sure that your set and gain levels correspond together which each other so you don't spike.

As for set gain (start boost), I always started at 0.2bar lower than my peak value and worked from there. The closer it is to peak the faster spool you should get as the wastegate doesn't open as soon. If you have it too close it can spike as well, so drop it back down until this stops happening.

I can't provide numerical values to you as I'm not using one with stock twins, so my settings aren't relevant. :thumbs:

Motec Australia has a webinar on boost control that explains the functions of pulse width modulation boost control. You can glean enough from it to set any boost controller, although stuff like the Apexi and Greddy are a nightmare to set up without a rolling road compared to the control offered by a proper ecu with boost control functionality. Especially on sequential turbos.

profec.jpg

Its the new type but with similar settings to the old one as far as im aware.

I will be having a play about anyway but not sure what numbers to even start with.

The new one comes with the start type either normal or control too which im not sure about. Might try both and see what happens :D

I also have this boost controller.

I can't remember the setting on it right now, I can find out for you by tomorrow if that's any good.

Also is it reading in kpa for you or in PSI? I found kpa easier to read.

That would be really handy thanks. I think it's reading in kpa

I also have this boost controller.

I can't remember the setting on it right now, I can find out for you by tomorrow if that's any good.

Also is it reading in kpa for you or in PSI? I found kpa easier to read.

Have you had the chance to have a look yet mate?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...