The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hks F-con

lewis hill

Hi lads as some may know I want to go single. Im looking for a used hks f con v gold or piggy back. I don't know much about ecu's but the harnesses are what determine the car it's used for I guess?

I've seen a hks fcon gold v for sale on its own for £450. Is this a decent price?

If I bought it would I just buy a harness to get it to work on the supra?

is there any other sensors that would be advisable

Cheers :)

Edited by lewis hill (see edit history)

Minimum you'll want is:

HKS F-Con V Pro

HKS F-Con V Pro Harness

HKS F-Con Pressure Sensor

HKS F-Con Temp Sensor

The F-Con can only be mapped by an HKS Pro dealer and some of the older models are not compatible with the latest software, so before buying I would investigate who can map it for you, how much the mapping will cost and whether the model of ECU you are buying can be mapped.

Minimum you'll want is:

HKS F-Con V Pro

HKS F-Con V Pro Harness

HKS F-Con Pressure Sensor

HKS F-Con Temp Sensor

The F-Con can only be mapped by an HKS Pro dealer and some of the older models are not compatible with the latest software, so before buying I would investigate who can map it for you, how much the mapping will cost and whether the model of ECU you are buying can be mapped.

Okay thanks. I've spoken to mark at tdi and he maps hks fcon and isn't far from me. It was a 3.1 so I think I read it should be fine?

far better off with a power fc just about every tuner can map one , ryan did mine it was a great standalone plug and play ecu for very little money

Oh really? I was recommended a hks fcon by srd using torque developments to map. Who could map an power FC other than Ryan? As he is moving to dubai soon he said :(