The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHR Street kit

lewis hill

Hi lads what's your opinions on this? I know it's not in the leagues of hks and garage whifbitz kits but need a starter kit at an affordable price. My stock turbos have the dreaded oil seal leak. Don't want to throw 1k at a refurb when I could put towards a single.

I'm looking to use stock ecu and UK injectors and possible a piggy back ecu with a view to to getting a stand alone later on to get the best out of my set up. Looking for 450-500bhp realistically. Just to mention it is a used kit which is why it's affordable compared to others.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by lewis hill (see edit history)

I ran a single kit with stock injector ecu ect just make sure you fueling is ok with an afr gauge and you be good to go just keep the boost down

Oh ok I'll make sure I get one, what kit did you have installed on stock ecu?

- - - Updated - - -

Is your car manual or auto?

I have a 6 speed manual mate

What does the kit consist of? Do you have an upgraded clutch?

Just a basic kit with a cast log manifold and a gt60 turbo. I'll be buying an better clutch once I've bought a kit. Just haven't seen any come up for sale on here in a while so don't really know the prices they go for.

Sounds to me like you need to do more research first, you can not do a single conversion well on a tight budget and you will compromise the car, perhaps even ruin it, don't rule out a twin turbo refurb with BPU mods

I have spoken to lee at SRD and he did mention i could make 500bhp on stock ecu and UK injectors. I have read through a load of threads in supraforums.com and a lot of people have also said the same. I dont really want to spend the money on a turbo refurb when i can put it towards the start of the single conversion.

I have spoken to lee at SRD and he did mention i could make 500bhp on stock ecu and UK injectors. I have read through a load of threads in supraforums.com and a lot of people have also said the same. I dont really want to spend the money on a turbo refurb when i can put it towards the start of the single conversion.

That is a surprise if I am honest, no fuel management and 500 bhp is risky IMO, I made 440 with a Syvecs, 550 injectors, stage 1 hybrids, FMIC, uprated fuel pump at 1.2 bar

That is a surprise if I am honest, no fuel management and 500 bhp is risky IMO, I made 440 with a Syvecs, 550 injectors, stage 1 hybrids, FMIC, uprated fuel pump at 1.2 bar

He said close to 500bhp so im guessing not far off. Might not even make it to be honest but i just want a single on their to have decent power, even if it is a little over BPU it will be ready for when i upgrade ECU an got for a bit more :) Just working out if to buy a used kit like PHR or maybe make my own with whifbitz log manifold

He said close to 500bhp so im guessing not far off. Might not even make it to be honest but i just want a single on their to have decent power, even if it is a little over BPU it will be ready for when i upgrade ECU an got for a bit more :) Just working out if to buy a used kit like PHR or maybe make my own with whifbitz log manifold

With a single conversion, every time you make a change you need a re-map/tweek, all this costs money, serious money, I give you this advise not to put you off but as a friendly warning that single turbo conversions are expensive and will always cost more than you imagine, I have had a couple of Supras and will admit spoiling a few of them chasing single turbo glory, just get SRD or AN Other garage to walk you through the process

With a single conversion, every time you make a change you need a re-map/tweek, all this costs money, serious money, I give you this advise not to put you off but as a friendly warning that single turbo conversions are expensive and will always cost more than you imagine, I have had a couple of Supras and will admit spoiling a few of them chasing single turbo glory, just get SRD or AN Other garage to walk you through the process

Thank you for the advise:thumbs: Obviously nothing plans out exactly how you think it will but im hoping if it goes ahead i will just do the 1or 2 maps and keep it as it is while saving for a decent ECU.

My first single kit was a PHR stage 1 (similar to the street kit, but with a HKS manifold).

It was a superb setup ; ultraresponsive, even more than my stock twins on BPU.

Here 2 videos

Very nice! I love the sound of a single lol what ecu was you running? And injectors?

Very nice! I love the sound of a single lol what ecu was you running? And injectors?

I went for a PHR fuel kit; Siemens 620cc injectors came with that kit iirc.

I went for an AEM stand alone ECU back in 2008 when purchasing my first single kit.

The car was never dyno'd, but it was mapped at 1.5 bar ; must have been something between 500-550 bhp.

Torque developments in grays are very good, Sam Borgman certainly knows his stuff!

Plus, they use a hub dyno, so it's very accurate.

I have a hks fcon gold on mine, and I'll be going back for another tweak very soon. Also using a log manifold, with a bw s362, and response is excellent