The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im young, poor, and Supra-less, but here anyway!!

Chris1992

Hi guys! im Chris from Essex (UK)

I have just recently graduated from studying Automotive Design at Coventry University, and am getting to grips with being a responsible working adult for the first time (mostly)

while i am completely new to the world of Supras, in fact anything Japanese for that matter, im well experienced with working on cars; ive been building a classic mini for about 5 years which has been sucking all my money. however, now thats nearing its end, i want to try and save for something more fun to drive daily, since the mini will be a show/weekend car, so here i am!

as i mention, i dont own a supra, but i hope one day that will change! im just here to mingle and learn some stuff really, while in the meantime my any penny i find will go into my piggie bank. itll probably take a while considering the prices Supras go for these days, but im in no rush :cool:

anyway, nice to meet you all!

thanks for the warm welcome guys! i like it here already ;)

Welcome to the forum! Best forum around.

If you're looking for a supra as a daily and have a tight budget it's not a great idea. I used my NA supra as a daily and was spending a lot of money just on fuel each month!

yeah i guessed they would be pretty thirsty, but im willing to sacrifice fuel economy for the driving pleasure, cool factor, and the fact its one of my lifelong dream cars lol. plus my mini (when it was on the road for a bit last year) drinks fuel like a train so im used to having to top up quite often :D

my heart is set on a TT 6 speed of some sort. not too fussed on whether its a jap or uk model, since both have their perks. i know the autos are great cars but i enjoy shifting way too much haha. i know theyre getting scarce now so it will take time, im just slightly worried about how quickly the prices will go up before i can even afford one!

welcome chris

If you think a classic mini drinks like a train your in for a shock :D .

its a great place to mingle and get knowledge of the mkivsupra . the club spirit and community as a hole is a lot of helpfull nice people , you should get your self down to a blue water meet to see a few and maybe get a chance for a passenger ride

Welcome! I'm about the same age as you and picked up my supra as well, so it's not impossible. Hopefully see you around in a supra soon!

there is hope for me then!!!!! hopefully mate!

welcome chris

If you think a classic mini drinks like a train your in for a shock :D .

its a great place to mingle and get knowledge of the mkivsupra . the club spirit and community as a hole is a lot of helpfull nice people , you should get your self down to a blue water meet to see a few and maybe get a chance for a passenger ride

haha it wasnt set up right so was running pretty rich, but yeah if i wanted fuel economy then id be saving my pennies for a prius haha. never been down to blue water before so may have to check it out when i next get the chance!

yeah i know what you mean. hate people that run their mouth before getting their facts straight! im worried about the same thing too, although i have my heart set on a TT 6 speed so ive got a hell of a lot of saving to do! ill probably be middle aged by the time i actually have one!

hello and welcome to the forum,

as others have said i'm also your age (22 i'm guessing by your name?) and purchased mine last august, and cost me a small fortune since but i wouldnt change it

I daily mine over the summer months and plan to garage it come october so its not impossible but i will admit i spend half my monthly wage on petrol, but i like the loud pedal :)

good luck with your hunt

thanks for the welcome guys! this is definitely the friendliest forum ive been on!

hello and welcome to the forum,

as others have said i'm also your age (22 i'm guessing by your name?) and purchased mine last august, and cost me a small fortune since but i wouldnt change it

I daily mine over the summer months and plan to garage it come october so its not impossible but i will admit i spend half my monthly wage on petrol, but i like the loud pedal :)

good luck with your hunt

thanks mate! yeah im 22.

Welcome to the club Chirs

This is the perfect place to begin with. I was on here for a while gathering information before I made my purchase and good luck with your search.

So where in Essex you from? there's a few of us around the area.

im from Radwinter, which is near Saffron Walden, which is also a pretty vague landmark to go by haha

Hi dude welcome along.

Bluewater meet isnt to far from you is it? pop on down one month

yeah not far at all really! whens the next one? ill see if i can make a cheeky appearance

Welcome! only thing i have to say is if you get a TT even if you are conservative with the loud pedal don't expect decent mpg. I use mine as a daily during the summer on a 24 mile a day round trip and apart from once or twice a week giving it a blip im very conservative .. still costs me £200 - £250 a month in fuel. a badly set up mini is going to be non comparable in my oppinion! just a heads up!