The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery longitivity

Jellybean

Out of curiosity how long does your battery last with the alarm on ?

Mine dies after about 10-12 days , halfords battery, 2-3 years old

Mine doesn't even last that, usually about 5-7 days but mines on a trickle charger so doesn't matter :)

Mine usually lasts about 5 weeks before it goes flat. The longest I have left it was 6 weeks and it kicked over. Unfortunately I did leave it for 7 weeks and it was flat. It has since decided even after a slow charge that it won't retain a charge. So I need a new battery. I'm thinking about a Optima yellow top, purely because they are robust and can handle repeated total discharges.

LOL longevity.....mine's a Bosch and has been on the car since I got it (3 years), longest I've left it is three weeks and it still turned over and fired up no problem.

If you use your car regular then your battery will last longer/be stronger than if left for longer periods.

A battery, even with alarm should do at least 4 weeks. I can only assume a few of you have power drains somewhere.

If your alarm installs are anything like the two I have inherited I would look at these first. I had my brother reinstall the Clifford alarms on both my cars as they were so badly done. Luckily for me he's an Auto Electrician :)

A battery, even with alarm should do at least 4 weeks. I can only assume a few of you have power drains somewhere.

If your alarm installs are anything like the two I have inherited I would look at these first. I had my brother reinstall the Clifford alarms on both my cars as they were so badly done. Luckily for me he's an Auto Electrician :)

Can you ask your brother if its worth checking the drain on the battery with the alarm on , and what is acceptable :)

Yes you should do that. That's what he did on mine. I'll ask him now about a reasonable figure for the drain and get back to you.

Looks like its 50MA

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?237136-People-with-Alarms-specifically-the-Clifford-650/page2

Mine is a 650MkII, but the current draw shouldn't be much (if any) different to the original 650.

When the alarm is activated and the sensors have come on, the total drain on the battery (including whatever the head unit, internal clock etc takes) is 53 - 63mA. The variation will be down to the flashing alarm LED and probably also the way some the four sensors work.

When the alarm is in 'valet' mode the drain is 43mA steady.

When the alarm is off and starting is immobilised (sensors are not activated), the drain is 37mA - 43mA (varies due to flashing LED).

Looks like its 50MA

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?237136-People-with-Alarms-specifically-the-Clifford-650/page2

Mine is a 650MkII, but the current draw shouldn't be much (if any) different to the original 650.

When the alarm is activated and the sensors have come on, the total drain on the battery (including whatever the head unit, internal clock etc takes) is 53 - 63mA. The variation will be down to the flashing alarm LED and probably also the way some the four sensors work.

When the alarm is in 'valet' mode the drain is 43mA steady.

When the alarm is off and starting is immobilised (sensors are not activated), the drain is 37mA - 43mA (varies due to flashing LED).

Bingo. He has just come back with 50Ma or 0.05 on most multimeters.