The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heads up for a new windscreen replacement

darren0405

Hi Guys

quick story to tell you , some of this could be common knowledge but anyways

i was driving down the motorway the other day and a small stone hit my windscreen at the very top and a crack appeared within a second of about 4 inches down wards, first thought was ring autoglass through my insurers , spoke to them and when i told them the make and model there was a silence and then came back to me saying mmm not sure about that model, ill have to check and get back to you on it, so anyway i wait 2 days and phone them up and hear the same story about how their supplier is out of stock and he will phone me back, about a week later of not hearing anything i bell them back and its the same old story i then said look can i speak to your manager because ive been waiting a week and need the car to get to work (lies), he again says manager wont say anything different, i then put down the phone thinking i wont get a replacement.

insurance company thens give me national windscreens number and after a few days the chap got back to me saying only one supplier came back to him with a replacement but its got a blue tint in it, nothing i can do was to accept and hes coming a week on saturday to replace the windscreen.

so at the end of the day it seems to be getting very hard to get windscreens replaced.

any thoughts?

Darren

Is your car a facelift or pre-facelift?

I think that the blue tint one is pre-facelift and the green tinted one is facelift or something like that. But I can't be sure. Also, I don't know if they are interchangeable.

Have a look on http://toyodiy.com and punch in your car details. It'll give you a part number for the windscreen you need and from there you can hopefully find out if it's the blue or green that you'll need.

Windscreens are still available but only from overseas I think. And they're not cheap!!

I'll have some of our heated windscreens back in stock very soon, collection from South Wales branch only though.

Now that is really good news!

I'll be paying for one as soon as you have them in stock.

And then I'll figure out how to get it to me.

Could be the right time to do a day trip to Wales and return with a few extra bits n' bobs.

But failing that, if I was to organise a courier myself would you be prepared to let them take it?

TNT have delivered several hideously expensive windscreens to us from Europe via road freight, no problems.

Thing is, would your screens arrive at your premises individually packed? I can understand you not wanting to be responsible for parcelling up a screen.

Sorry for the hijack OP.

Now that is really good news!

I'll be paying for one as soon as you have them in stock.

And then I'll figure out how to get it to me.

Could be the right time to do a day trip to Wales and return with a few extra bits n' bobs.

But failing that, if I was to organise a courier myself would you be prepared to let them take it?

TNT have delivered several hideously expensive windscreens to us from Europe via road freight, no problems.

Thing is, would your screens arrive at your premises individually packed? I can understand you not wanting to be responsible for parcelling up a screen.

Sorry for the hijack OP.

They wont be packed at all no, we receive them delivered by van loose. It would be collection only.