The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello all!

CGEX

Hello, names Connor from the east of England, finally got the car I've wanted since I understood what a car actually was ! She's a 1994 supra non turbo auto, and needs some tlc, she runs well, just needs paint care and a few upgrades to make her what she should be. Which is really why I joined as I'm not so skilled with cars myself, although I do dabble, and am hoping that knowledge base of so many people who know so much more would help me, and having access to otherwise hard to find parts couldn't hurt either.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you all

Hi and welcome to the club

If you pay your full membership you will have access to a wealth of information. Also we love pictures so get some up of your pride and joy on here and let us know what your plans for her are.

IMG_0511.jpg

I am planning on it in the future, just wanted to test the water and see how everybody is really, good start though, Ive hopefully attached an image on the post, she is All stock (minus new rims) and am going to try to keep her like that as much as possible. There is a touch of rust around the back spoiler, and window rubber seals and a few scrapes from the previous owner, im better at restoring the interior which is almost done already. Really need a new Exhaust system to make it sound mint, some sort of remapping on the engine, if possible change the gearring so it does'nt keep changing like a numpty, and delimiting it as well as sorting the speedos, which will be a hasle

Edited by CGEX (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203630[/ATTACH]Really need a new Exhaust system to make it sound mint, some sort of remapping on the engine, if possible change the gearring so it does'nt keep changing like a numpty, and delimiting it as well as sorting the speedos, which will be a hasle

Nice to see stock. The rust areas you mention on the hatch can be common.

I loved my NA decatted, nice and snappy throttle response, you won't want to be 'remapping' - not that you can without a piggy back or replacement ECU.

Not sure what you mean about the gear change? You'll be probably using it in manual when you're used to it anyway.

What's wrong with the speedometer? Shouldn't be any hassle.

As said above, there are Toyota manuals and loads of how to guides here for members, you'll soon get your confidence up.

Yeah right on the hatch area bit of a bugger but it will get seen to, just seems with the gear changes, especially when you floor it to overtake or something, that it drops to first/second (not sure which) then changes up to forth and all you power is lost at about 70-80 depending, and you sit at a cruising gear whilst still overtaking, might just be the limiter but not sure. Again I am really inexperienced working on cars, ok so remapping probably out of the equation fair enough, using it in manual? Could you elaborate? I have L - Lower gearing, 2 - secondary gearing D - drive N - nuetral R - reverse and P - parking. Do you mean using the lower and second gears ?

Cheers and thank you all for the welcomes