The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Totb

Radio

Nice visit to totb at Elvington. No rain till 1.30 but a lot of action before then. Nice to meet members from the Yorkshire and North East groups. Massive turnout of cars racing some doing 9 second runs. Nice to see some well known faces competing or working on their cars. Jurgen had a few cars there that were mad. 1400hp GTR amongst them. Ryan from 2bar tuning doing his thing on the laptop. It is an event that most people could enjoy as a spectator or having a go. We will go again next year if I'm free.

That 1400bhp one was Jamie's old beast. It's a serious monster now.

His beast or Vernons? Both are pretty mental ;)

So how did the Supras do on the day?? I know the weather changed and would obviously not suit, but any good runs in the morning?

His beast or Vernons? Both are pretty mental ;)

So how did the Supras do on the day?? I know the weather changed and would obviously not suit, but any good runs in the morning?

I don't think Vernon is 1400bhp, he's gone for the 1100ish hasn't he, even though he has the 4.6 engine.

We had one car that was running any I only saw if a couple of times. Forum member I spoke to him couple of times. The GTRs were putting some serious times down all morning but seem to forget about the handling part till the afternoon when it rained :(

They still came a very close 2nd in the 4WD final though.

From what I have been told, the handling course doesnt really suit the GTRs... although Vernon did quite well on it

Yeah too small really, you can see the GTR looks massive on it. There was some serious sideways moments in the rain. Vernon was putting it all out there on the final corner :D