The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 J-Spec NA Auto

Acton

For once a really great written advert but you are asking a lot of money for it. Silver Na auto's are the most common supras sadly and that reflects on there price at times!

For the price your asking, you could get a nice TT auto or a 5 speed TT that needs some work. GLWTS though and hope you get what you want dude :)

For once a really great written advert but you are asking a lot of money for it. Silver Na auto's are the most common supras sadly and that reflects on there price at times!

For the price your asking, you could get a nice TT auto or a 5 speed TT that needs some work. GLWTS though and hope you get what you want dude :)

Thanks very much :) I try to do my best.

Yeah I know it's quite high, but that's just to give me room to negotiate with.

Nice car, what's the reason for selling? Have you had it for a while?

Trying to save for a deposit, and I have a daily too. So can't really afford to keep it. I haven't had it too long, my "realistic" idea of fuel costs to run it wasn't realistic enough unfortunately. It's just too expensive for me

Yeah I know it's quite high, but that's just to give me room to negotiate with.

That's some negogiating margin as silver na's don't or struggle to usually get over £3k unless it is a manual. Sad though as I am one of the few that like the Supra in silver.

Car looks great :)

Hang in there for the money that you want, 'cos once it's gone it's gone!

- - - Updated - - -

Car looks great :)

Hang in there for the money that you want, 'cos once it's gone it's gone!

I know, I looked for every way to get around not selling the car, but I just couldn't make it work. It sucks.

The price is an issue, in that no one is realistically going to buy at that price. These are usually fetching no more than £3k on eBay. Piston Heads may be a good place to advertise as cars always seem to be more expensive there.

I'd recommend putting a motorbike number plate on the rear to cover the hole.

i think that the price hes asking is ok .has anyone looked around at whats on offer for 4-5k these days not a lot in this condition.maybe you can get a rough tt but you will have to throw money at it ,just my opinion anyway.

i think that the price hes asking is ok .has anyone looked around at whats on offer for 4-5k these days not a lot in this condition.maybe you can get a rough tt but you will have to throw money at it ,just my opinion anyway.

:thumbs:

Thanks for that :) I'm amazed that it seems like colour and spec alone determines the price, rather than the actual condition of the car itself. I searched a long time for a a TT at around the price of my car, but I couldn't find one that didn't need another ££££ spent to make it half decent which is why I ended up with this one instead.

There aren't enough Supra's for sale that are similar enough to warrant price being the decision making factor (too many with wide ranging mods, stylistic "issues" so like for like comparison is often rare at any one point in time. Historically maybe you can but that's useless if your looking to buy now..) - so hold out for what you are asking and condition will prevail over the other alternatives plus look at the pedigree of the sellers of your competition and you should fair better, some of the adverts from traders have shocking overstatements that immediately make me distrust them enough to not even bother going to see the car, plus looking at other cars they have for sale tells me a lot too. So your fine

• 2 weeks later...

Car looks in lovely condition mate but As it sits I don't think you will get your asking price.

However, put it back to stock and I reckon you will. Clean supras are getting hard to find.

Sometimes modifications lower the resale value and I think you will do significantly better with stock wheels, interior and engine bay.

Plus then you have all those bits to sell separate

Car looks in lovely condition mate but As it sits I don't think you will get your asking price.

However, put it back to stock and I reckon you will. Clean supras are getting hard to find.

Sometimes modifications lower the resale value and I think you will do significantly better with stock wheels, interior and engine bay.

Plus then you have all those bits to sell separate

Thanks for the advice :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.