The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RPS Streetmax Clutch Cover and Disc

TheTurtleshead

Used but in fine fettle. I ended up changing this as I thought that it was at fault for the clutch failing to disengage. When my new clutch also would not disengage it became clear that there was nothing wrong with this one.

If I hadn't believed this was at fault I'd never have changed it out, it's a brilliant clutch! It held 660ft/lbs and 708HP on my car, with a standard 6 speed driven plate. The only sacrafice you have to make over a stock clutch is 130% pedal stiffness, so 30% stiffer than stock. Trust me, it's not that bad, you get used to it and forget about it soon enough. It has 100% stock engagement, and is 100% quiet as it uses the OEM Dual Mass Flywheel. So no juddering and no rattling!

Truly a great clutch for a single supra.

Condition;

Cover plate- Some superficial marks, good working order.

Driven plate- Used but I bought it new. The friction plate hasn't even worn across 100% of it's face yet as you can see in the pictures. Loads of life left yet!

£250 + post or collection for a 700HP capable clutch setup... Bargin!

attachment.php?attachmentid=203525&stc=1&d=1437774700

attachment.php?attachmentid=203526&stc=1&d=1437774700

attachment.php?attachmentid=203527&stc=1&d=1437774700

Just out of curiosity what sort of rattle noise do you experience and when / what rpm range ? I bought the car with aftermarket flywheel and paddle clutch and it seems to make rattling noise on low rmp's up to 2000 not sure if it's the clutch or flywheel which makes noise.

Just out of curiosity what sort of rattle noise do you experience and when / what rpm range ? I bought the car with aftermarket flywheel and paddle clutch and it seems to make rattling noise on low rmp's up to 2000 not sure if it's the clutch or flywheel which makes noise.

That be the flywheel.

I have the the RPS street clutch max like TheTurtleshead but I also install the RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented Flywheel which is causing the noise you are referring too. I am planning to change it back to the stock OEM flywheel to remove the rattling.

I recommend this clutch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.