The mkiv Supra Owners Club

West Yorkshire drivers

RedM

For all of you with bodykits and, in particular, those of you in West Yorkshire, I have a question.

Do you catch your front bumpers/spoilers during everday driving. I'm not talking about car parks, speed humps etc but on gradient changes and the like.

I do most of my driving in Wakefield, Leeds, Morley and Halifax and I'm sure that some of the gradients, especially when coming out of side streets, will catch me out when I get my car. Am I being overly concerned or will the lowness plus the extra length on the front actually catch on the road?

What is a good looking but not to low/long front bumper.

Thanks,

Martin

I have a standard car with lowered suspension and even that catches, the speedbumps in Morley are awful, as are most of the ones in the area, I'm sure Leeds Council builds them too high!

But you didn't want to know that.... no scrapes during normal driving on normal roads, just the odd one when the road is a bit weird, only traffic calming crap causes issues for me... oh and the St John's Centre Car Park ramp :)

Oh crap! I hadn't even thought of parking it anywhere? We usually park in The Light car park but I'm thinking that'll be out of the question!

I've been working out a route to work that avoids speed bumps and nasty cambers etc. What a chore that has been. Rein Road in Morley is no-go and the traffic elsewhere... sheesh!

Is owning a Supra really worth the hassles?

Aside from the scary high curbs and the narrow parking bays the Light seems OK, for mine at least.

Most of Morley is a no go area for me, partly because of the roads, partly because it's a dump - sadly I live there so I have to keep going back :)

It's definately worth the hassle but it's frustrating at times when you hit a big Morley pothole and then suddenly the front end of your car is clunking :(

i try to avoid speed bump areas. hardly go out in mine. top secret front end is pretty low down. its the extra length that catches me out, in whitwell in worksop i was doing a 3 point turn i scraped the bumper on a high curb. it was a horrible sound, got out to have a look and could not see anything scratched. the high curb must have caught underside of front bumper.

i would have thought any high rise parking blocks will give you trouble.

on standard supra body with stock suspension i could go over speed bumps at 30+ mph

you could try going over them slowly and on 1 side of car. my blitz exhaust used to catch on high speed bumps but had exhaust off and it got put back on better and stopped the catching.

all these ricer boys slamming there car to the ground :)

i wanted to jack my car up like in the old days with leaf springs and get a fog light under car.