The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What fuel you running?

Guest STRsupra

Guest STRsupra

As yet I'm not a Supra owner but I hope to be in the next few months.

I'm the kind of guy who likes to plan ahead and am just wondering what fuel ppl are using in their car.

I used to have a import GT-four celica that I ran on shell V power but since then all the shell stations round here have shut down

All I have left is a local BP (So BP ultimate) or the big tesco I think has tesco 99 that's 7 miles away.

Or I guess my last option is going to be standard 95RON and a octane booster.

Has anyone done any research as to the best?

Bp stuff is horrible gear, car never runs as nice on that stuff imo used it a few times when desperate, tesco momentum is fine used it once a few weeks back Because i had a 5p off a ltr voucher haha,

I normally use v-power only, i went 10mins out my way on the way home from a meet last night to get to a shell station it can make all the difference especially when running 1.4/5 bar at bpu :D

Guest STRsupra

I would choose V-power but a quick Google tells me my nearest shell station is 18 miles away and a Humber bridge toll or 24 without the toll.

So I think I'm looking at BP

Or buy 10 Gerry cans and keep it in the shed at bottom of garden:rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

I would choose V-power but a quick Google tells me my nearest shell station is 18 miles away and a Humber bridge toll or 24 without the toll.

So I think I'm looking at BP

Or buy 10 Gerry cans and keep it in the shed at bottom of garden:rolleyes:

Guest STRsupra
And they even deliver it straight through your letterbox :blink:

:Dyes I did see that...I hope it's in a long flat container not just poured through it

I tend to use V Power Nitro+ or Tesco 99. If something happens that either of those are unavailable (garage closed or suchlike) and I'm in desperate need, I'll put something else in and just drive off boost until I can fill up with the aforementioned. :thumbs:

I tried BP Ultimate and had to get my tank drained as my car coughed and farted on boost. Didn't like it at all!! I'll never use it again tank was drained and it was fine again with other fuel. Tesco 99 or shell V Power. Tesco stuff is just as good as shell if not better and cheaper. As above if none is available you can use 95ron but just stay off boost.