The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R154 graded close gear sets

Noz

"The problem testing components with drifters is they Don't get enough traction to hurt anything -1 · 9 hrs

Speedtek Industries Auto Parts Oh we do. Our cars have more traction and bigger tires then most."

I go along with the first quote!

• 1 year later...
"The problem testing components with drifters is they Don't get enough traction to hurt anything -1 · 9 hrs

Speedtek Industries Auto Parts Oh we do. Our cars have more traction and bigger tires then most."

Sorry Chris,

Bumping an old post (was checking if people here had experiences with the Speedtek gearsets), but you couldn't be more wrong bud. The violence involved and grip generated by most serious drift cars would probably surprise you a great deal, more than enough to destroy every single drivetrain component in one or two runs that alot of road cars would last thousands of miles with quite happily at similar power levels.

Tyres softer than R888R running under 20psi in up to 295 widths and thousands spent on suspension upgrades for improved traction !!

J.

Sorry Chris,

Bumping an old post (was checking if people here had experiences with the Speedtek gearsets), but you couldn't be more wrong bud. The violence involved and grip generated by most serious drift cars would probably surprise you a great deal, more than enough to destroy every single drivetrain component in one or two runs that alot of road cars would last thousands of miles with quite happily at similar power levels.

Tyres softer than R888R running under 20psi in up to 295 widths and thousands spent on suspension upgrades for improved traction !!

J.

Mate do you even know who Chris Wilson is? :search::cool:

That is factually incorrect . If you had any knowledge of drifting you would know that infact drift cars have increased traction over and above a normal road car from the way they are set up.

Drift cars run setups to increase traction. Its the power and driving style that cause the drift but making a drift car lose traction is actually really difficult.

A drift car is more likely to break a gearbox than any road car.

So you stick under 20PSI in the tyres to improve traction.... OK.... I see.... ;) Sorry, keeping out of this, to me drifting is like banger racing, except the banger racers buy a ****ed up car for £50, instead of spending thousands creating a bespoke one ;)

Except for the fact most drift cars now cost in excess of £80k to build but yea sure whatever you say chum! ;)

Mate do you even know who Chris Wilson is? :search::cool:

Nope, shouldn't matter who someone is, just whether they know what they are talking about, and in this instance he clearly doesn't. Thats not an attack its just a matter of fact.

We run lower pressures for a variety of reasons, we dont have dozens of laps of 3 mile circuit to worry about overheating etc - so we are after maximum grip for a relatively short period of time without the need to get any tyre life - like I said, it would surprise you how different it is from track setups and the grip is immense - as is the brutality to break that traction.

People dont spend £100k to then have soap for rear tyres lol

J.