The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why does only the mk4 supras hit the max cool bup's.?

herbiemercman

Hi Supra desciples, Apparantly, according to chris wilson who i have been involved with, great guy, the basic bottom end of these much ahead of their time engines are the same on the tt and the na's. but what fascinates me is who and why started taking these engines to the incredible heights of 1,000 bhp and also many who settled for more road use sensible levels of 400 to 500 bhp.?

The aesthetics of the first cars imported to the uk looked awesome, especially the rear spoiler and the space ship front headlights.

We have a building company and the first supra we saw was in 1994, a red one, i only like the black, and metallic blue and the white ones, the more recent 1997 stuff, however, the guy who owns the builders merchants had a new one in red, he took my brother for a drive, and that was it. ! !

I started to research the market and came up with the importer in waterford in southern ireland, so £72k later i had the black na and my brother had the tt auto,i can only get involved with a rear drive car and with manual box, my brother's auto was faster but a bit americanised, he could not use the auto to de-cellerate into bends and then push out of the corners, he could not show off at the pub with wheel spin take offs. He always refered to my na as "the slow one", he had 285 bhp and i had 220 bhp, anyway i will soon have 400 bhp and a manual box and limited slip diff, never thought this day would come. lol.

One thing i am not sure of, could a tt stock be taken to higher bhp than the na, based on the basic engine being the same.?

One thing i am not sure of, could a tt stock be taken to higher bhp than the na, based on the basic engine being the same.?

The TT engines have different compression and heads designed for use with a turbo. They have been proven to be able to take upwards of 600bhp on stock internals.

N/A engines can also get a fair amount of power, but at least from what I've seen, they need some work done to them when entering into the 600bhp realms of power, unlike their TT counterparts.