The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Correct side tyre sidewall for my wheels?

p3te

I will need to replace my rear tyres soon but am confused as to what size to get, currently it has got 245/35/18 on the front and 285/30/18 on the rear. Should i replace the rears with the same size or a 285/35/18?

Your current tyres have very narrow tyre walls, which are smaller than the standard rolling radius. If I were you I'd replace them with the following sizes, these are slightly bigger than the stock rolling radius but will give you a better ride, handling and grip.

Front: 245/40R18

Rear: 285/35R18

These are the sizes I used on mine, pics in my garage HERE

Hello Pete, the front's are 9j rears are 10j you could run 255/35/18 front and a 295/35/18 rear

thanks for the quick replies, have you ever ran a 295/35/18? if so how was it? any rubbing on the arch?

Your current tyres have very narrow tyre walls, which are smaller than the standard rolling radius. If I were you I'd replace them with the following sizes, these are slightly bigger than the stock rolling radius but will give you a better ride, handling and grip.

Front: 245/40R18

Rear: 285/35R18

These are the sizes I used on mine, pics in my garage HERE

how would it effect things running a 285/35/18 with my current fronts? 245/35/18 as they are pretty much brand new

thanks for the quick replies, have you ever ran a 295/35/18? if so how was it? any rubbing on the arch?

how would it effect things running a 285/35/18 with my current fronts? 245/35/18 as they are pretty much brand new

Yes run it on a set of 19's same offset as the enkei's and it was fine 255front and 295 rear ,the rear arches are rolled aswell so loads of room plus the enkeis are not over aggressive at 42 offset on the rear

Yes run it on a set of 19's same offset as the enkei's and it was fine 255front and 295 rear ,the rear arches are rolled aswell so loads of room plus the enkeis are not over aggressive at 42 offset on the rear

would the suspension need lifting up a bit to run a higher profile tyre?

would the suspension need lifting up a bit to run a higher profile tyre?

I can not comment on a 40profile on the front but just remembered I also run a set of rota boost's for a little while 18x9j et30 and a 18x10j et35 rear with 255/35/18 and 295/35/18 and it never rubbed, the enkei offsets are then these 42rear and 38front springs to mind so pretty sure you will be okay.

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

Yes that'll be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

would it have any effect if i went for the 35 profile rear now and when the time comes to change the front would the 40 profile be the better profile or the 35 as well? im just looking on willtheyfit.com trying different sizes between the 295/35/18 and the 285/35/18 its coming less % speedo error and closer diameter in mm with the 295 to the stock size?