The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT Time!!

Guest pgill40

Guest pgill40

MOT tomorrow! Fingers crossed. Only thing I'm worried about is the emissions test.

What will they test it as? It's an NA-T . Will it still be tested as an N/A or a TT? No cats either. Anyone else got any info/experience on emission tests on there cars?

Cheers

What year is the car?

Anything pre '96 (I think) undergoes a standing idle test and emissions should be fine even without cats.

I got my 96 NA-T MOT'd last week and it got passed but there was some trickery involved with getting it past emissions :D

If you're '96 or later you may need to find a friendly MOT station

Guest pgill40

It's a 1993 mY so hopefully will be OK :) It's a pretty 'friendly' MOT station anyway so I'm sure it will go through emissions, he did my scooby STI last year and that involved some trickery!

Just my opinion (so is only backed up by layman's logic), but it should be tested as an NA. The V5 (I presume) will indicate it's an NA, so that's what it'll be tested as. Engine mods are so varied and so complicated that it wouldn't be a tester's job to suss out what the "nearest" standard supra spec to the one in front of him is.

Edited by stevie_b (see edit history)