The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japan Racing JR-12 (fitment questions)

supramat

Hi Guys , looking at getting a set of JR-12's from JDM distro

looking at 18' , 10 wide rear , 9 wide front

question is what ET do i need , i would like a little poke but im not looking at any arch modifications

(standard body)

thanks - matt

An offset of between 35 & 40, front and rear should give you what you want.

edit: Just looked at the website, +33 would be the best offset to go for but you'll probably need to get the wheel arches rolled to stop the tyres rubbing.

If you have the larger Supra brakes fitted, you'll need to make sure the wheels will clear the calipers.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

thanks for the advice guys , i called JDM distro and spoke to a guy , he reccomends 18 * 10 , et 20 rear + 18 * 9 et 30 for the fronts. Im still a bit confused , think im goona have to get the arches rolled

These are mine, they are 18x9 +32 (245/40R18) & 18x10 +32 (285/35R18), the wheel arches needed rolling to stop the tyres catching. More pics in my garage HERE.

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=744&d=1134501037vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=741&d=1134500967

If you go with the guys recommendations, compared to mine the +30 fronts would stick out an extra 3mm and the +20 rears would stick out an extra 12mm.

The JR-12 wheels look like they have quite a deep dish, if you have the larger brakes fitted you'll need to make sure there is enough clearance between the front face of the brake caliper and the back of the spokes.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I have had some bad experience with JDM Distro its in my build thread in my signature.

Japshop are the official UK distributor of them. JDM Distro are an Irish company I believe.

I bought a set of JR11, they had 8.5-11inch sizes, most of which were crazy offsets. Based on my current 18s, 9.5 front ET35 would be perfect however mine because of the wheel design fudge my big brake (UK brakes) even with the 19s I selected. IF your jspec your laughing but the JR12 are not concave so no need to worry..

This is your chart for your wheels

attachment.php?attachmentid=203139&stc=1&d=1437081857

So based on these you only have 9" and 10" available

personally I would go for 9" with ET30 fronts

10" ET25 for the rears

Both would sit flush and have a very slight poke by my calculations

jr12-chart1.png

jr12-chart2.png